1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

welcome opiniions trance heads.

Discussion in 'Trance Room' started by todiefor, Aug 23, 2003.

1. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

tranceheads of the T.O. opinions on the likes of - os2, mark oliver, dr. trance, de-koze when he spins trance, st. pete...

2. DjCao

DjCao TRIBE Member

Mark Oliver......10 of 10 - Best times @ Guv's when he's in "Trance Mode" :cool:

Os/2 í'd listened just once a couple years ago...He was good, that i remember...

Deko-Ze..One of my favorites, but in his tribal-techno house sessions; i found his trance Sessions smooth, really good, but really low pitched...(I like it Harder) :D

Dr. Trance...It's been a while too, but he's more into hard house than trance, that i remember...good too.

St. Pete...Pretty good. He's really classy in his sessions and smooth mixing...and his track in colaboration with Mark Oliver...OMG

3. Access

Access TRIBE Member

St. Pete tops that list of Djs for me. He's definately my favorite Toronto trance dj. Love his track selection and mixing. Looking forward to hearing his production work. THis guy's definately underrated in this city.

4. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Mark Oliver - always knows what tunes to play

OS/2 - not always consistant, but when he's on he's on.

Dr. Trance - I love cheesy epic trance, but what he plays is too cheesy for my taste sometimes.

St. Pete - One of the best in the city for sure.

5. DjCao

DjCao TRIBE Member

Agree

:cool:

6. Suedehead

Suedehead TRIBE Member

Mark Oliver - He was better in the early 90's when he played more of a mix of house, trance, acid trance. He is still an excellent Dj, though I feel the music quality just isn't there anymore.

Deko-ze - He can play anything and do it well. He has impeccable taste in music, no matter what genre. When he plays trance he never "cheeses" out too much. He has to play for the crowd so that is always the deciding factor.

O/S 2 - I have only ever heard him a few times over the years as it is not my taste in music but he is certainly a competant Dj.

Dr. Trance - His style has evolved over the years. I haven't always liked his sets but there have been some that were wonderful. His sets lately have been great, more of an electro feel to them. Smooth tracks with attitude, just the way I like them not matter what genre. He still pulls out an epic track or two but the kids go nuts for them.

St. Pete - May have heard him play once or twice, can't really remember anything about the sets so I can't comment. I know many people that like his sets though.

7. funkinbeats

funkinbeats TRIBE Member

Mark Oliver - only seen him a couple times and he seems to play up to headliners well (going from prog house to prog/epic trance if there's a huge trance headliners playing the guv) and that's a plus in my books.

Deko-Ze - I can't remember the last time I've heard him spin, but I know he's an excellent rounded dj who deserves more airtime.

OS/2 - He's got good track selection, but I've seen this guy fuck up enough times to really question his abilities, but occassionally, he'll pull a rabbit out of his ass and lay down some amazing trance....

Dr. Trance - Too cheesy for my styles. He aims at the younger crowds, however, he is an excellent technical dj and can mix any track you put in front of him.

St. Pete - My favourite Trance local by far. I don't think any TO local can spin or perform a live PA as well as this guy. I caught one of his live PA sets @ Purple Heaven party last summer and it knocked my socks off.

8. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

Elixir never disapoints...

9. djelixir

djelixir New Member

*blush*

10. marcinm

marcinm TRIBE Member

hmmm... don't want to be a wet blanket, but the toronto trance scene kinda sucks... seriously, for such a huge city you'd think there would be some better DJ's out there.

11. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

it would seem to be fading... altthough as has been noted pulse has tried to revive it, although i am guilty of saying that i have not been out there to see how it has been doing since opening night, but your point does seem valid.

12. pulse nightclub

pulse nightclub TRIBE Promoter

Saint Pate

Saint Pete & Kutz bring you an oldschool feel to the city the way it was done in the 90's for those who know them they have worked together before. As well as the new.

13. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

Dr. Trance has played some super sets, for some reason I remember Bittersweet at the CNE, and I was right bored at that party until he came on in one of the little side rooms and just pounded out some of the classics (well, not classics at that time...)

OS/2, I will always remember his tape Trance Dance 2000 ( I think it came out in 99 though) and listening to that one in my car all summer of 1999, which was the greatest summer of my life.

Elixir I have heard play some great sets, basically I have been impressed by all of the trance DJ's in the city in some way at some time, except for Mark Scaife.

:)

14. The Tesseract

The Tesseract TRIBE Member

OS/2 - deserves much respect for the whole destiny thing, even though some of their parties have been... not properly done. I liked his way of starting out techno and working into Trance, all the way keeping the energy level the same or rising slightly.

Mark Oliver - *shrugs* His help with the Trance scene is to be equally appreciated, however, his propensity to draw Gino's is quite annoying. I honestly think this guy needs to drop the Guv gig and should go out on tour.

Dr. Trance - Been around since the early days. Unlike some of those that he pioneered with, he has stuck around. How many scenes can lay claim to someone like that? Not many, that's for sure.

DeKo-ze - Has dropped some sets that left me incapacitated... or semi-incapacitated and drooling for more. Considering the amount of Trance dj's out there, this guy deserves a butt load of respect and support, cause he has definately earned it all.

St. Pete - is definately underrated in Toronto. I've only seen him play a small handful of times, so i can't really comment beyond that.