• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Welcome back to Bell Home Phone Service!

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Your connection fee of $55 will be charged to your second bill.

WTF!?? She says its a CRTC regulation that they can't get around... but why doesn't Sprint, Rogers or Primus charge this fee?! It's not like some guy needs to come to my fucking house and connect things, they just flip a switch in the box outside or maybe it's even just a couple of mouse clicks.

So I have about 9 days to change my mind. I'm asking Tribe to explain this $55 fee to me, and possible ways around it. I'm so tempted to go with Primus... if only they hadn't royally FUCKED UP setting up my service 30 days ago (they have no record of me on the computer).

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Home phone service shouldn't be this maddening.

kuba

TRIBE Member
aren't you the person who used to complain that bell/rogers would call you when your bill was late?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

quantumize

TRIBE Member
sorry to hijack teh thread..

michelerish : fuck that, go with teh rogers bundle.. internet, phone, cell etc.. for a bill

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:

WTF!?? She says its a CRTC regulation that they can't get around... but why doesn't Sprint, Rogers or Primus charge this fee?!
Because Sprint, Rogers, and Primus aren't regulated by the CRTC on pricing.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:

WTF!?? She says its a CRTC regulation that they can't get around... but why doesn't Sprint, Rogers or Primus charge this fee?! It's not like some guy needs to come to my fucking house and connect things, they just flip a switch in the box outside or maybe it's even just a couple of mouse clicks.

So I have about 9 days to change my mind. I'm asking Tribe to explain this $55 fee to me, and possible ways around it. I'm so tempted to go with Primus... if only they hadn't royally FUCKED UP setting up my service 30 days ago (they have no record of me on the computer).

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Home phone service shouldn't be this maddening.

I work for Bell and there is no way around it. This is a Tarriff and by law it is required of Bell to charge. It falls under several fair competition laws the CRTC began to enforce on Bell when the market was opened up to competition in attempt to allow it to flourish.

Sorry, but the rep was correct. If I move I have to pay it also.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
kuba said:
aren't you the person who used to complain that bell/rogers would call you when your bill was late?

Yes, it was Rogers. That's who I need to get away from.

Now I'll have cell, internet and home phone with bell.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Balzz said:
Because Sprint, Rogers, and Primus aren't regulated by the CRTC on pricing.
why is bell regulated and Sprting, Rogers, and Primus aren't? And where are you getting your information?

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Bell sucks.. they charged me this fee when I move from the ground flat of a house to the upper, and then tried to do it again when I moved from the third floor in my building to the forth. This time I said fuck it and use a cell instead. Woo city Fido!

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
JEMZ said:
I work for Bell and there is no way around it. This is a Tarriff and by law it is required of Bell to charge. It falls under several fair competition laws the CRTC began to enforce on Bell when the market was opened up to cometition in attempt to allow it to flourish.

Sorry, but the rep was correct.
You'd think since they have this fee, and they're trying to attract customers, that they'd have competitive rates for home phone service. But they don't. Seems like I'll be paying more.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Rude1_247 said:
why is bell regulated and Sprting, Rogers, and Primus aren't? And where are you getting your information?
Because Bell is an incumbent carrier and the others are competitive carriers that aren't regulated by the CRTC. The high charges everyone bitches about is there because the CRTC won't allow Bell to lower prices. Google it, it's not confidential information.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
You'd think since they have this fee, and they're trying to attract customers, that they'd have competitive rates for home phone service. But they don't. Seems like I'll be paying more.
Can't. CRTC regulates home phone service fees too.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
Bell sucks.. they charged me this fee when I move from the ground flat of a house to the upper
Moving between units in a house is a DIY.

1. Locate phone line coming from your old apartment
2. Locate phone line coming from new apartment
3. Switch the two at the box
4. Profit.

Gravid

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:

Consider your first bill to be foreplay, but it is the second bill when they ask you to hike up your skirt and bend over :O

Fuck Bell, go elsewhere.

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
I just cancelled my home phone. Fuck bell. Thank you city fido and rogers for having fido piggyback on its network!

threeflavours

TRIBE Member
Fuck Bell. I got Vonage VoIP, it's badass..

All the Bell services, (callEverything)
I get unlimited LD anywhere in the US and Canada
I can check my voicemail online
I can bring the router with me to retain my "Home" service if I go on a trip

all for the low price of $40 a month. I don't understand why everyone isn't doing this..

Did I already say Fuck Bell?