1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Weinstein Rapes

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Bernnie Federko, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

What a fucking piece of shit.

From Aggressive Overtures to Sexual Assault: Harvey Weinstein’s Accusers Tell Their Stories
    Multiple women share harrowing accounts of sexual assault and harassment by the film executive.
    Ronan Farrow
    October 10, 2017 10:47 AM

In the course of a ten-month investigation, thirteen women interviewed said that, between the nineteen-nineties and 2015, Weinstein sexually harassed or assaulted them.

From Aggressive Overtures to Sexual Assault: Harvey Weinstein’s Accusers Tell Their Stories

2. Bernnie Federko

Weinstein accused of raping three women; Jolie, Paltrow say he harassed them

Numerous allegations poured out Tuesdayagainst Harvey Weinstein in on-the-record reports that detailed claims of sexual abuse and included testimonies from Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie, further intensifying the already explosive collapse of the disgraced movie mogul. Three women accused Weinstein of raping them in a story published online by The New Yorker. A representative for Mr. Weinstein denied the allegations in a statement to the magazine. In a follow-up to its earlier expose, The New York Times reported Tuesday that many other actresses have, in recent days, added to the chorus of accusations surrounding Mr. Weinstein.

The Globe and Mail’s John Doyle on the allegationsagainst Harvey Weinstein: “A problem with public perception of the allegations against Weinstein is that it fits into the public’s imagination as a kind of perverse beauty-and-the-beast allusion.”

3. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

4. The fact that so many of these people kept it under wraps for this long, speaks to the power that he held in Hollywood. He's made and ended many people's careers, sometimes out of spite.

5. Bernnie Federko

What a fucking fraud.

6. basketballjones

thats par for the course in hollywood though.

7. Well yeah, the casting couch has been around from the start.

8. Bernnie Federko

Penn State? The Catholic church? Jimmy Savile? Fox News? The residential school system?

Let's be fair.

9. Bernnie Federko

Well, he sits up there on his leatherette
    Looks through pictures of the ones that he hasn't had yet
    When he thinks he wants a closer look,
    he gets out his little black telephone book
    (He's calling, calling, calling
    He's calling, calling, calling
    He's calling ,calling, calling
    He's calling)

"Come sit down here beside me, honey.
    Let's have a little heart to heart.
    Now look at me and tell me, darlin',
    how badly do you want this part?
    Are you willing to sacrifice?
    And are you willing to be real nice?
    All your talent and my good taste,
    I'd hate to see it go to waste."

"We gon' get you an apartment, honey.
    We gon' get you a car.
    (spoken) Yeah, we're gonna take care of you, darlin'.
    We gon' make you a movie star.
    For years I've seen 'em come and go."
    He says, "I've had 'em all, 'ya know.
    I handled everything in my own way.
    I made 'em what they are today."

After 'while nothin' was pretty.
    After 'while everything got lost.
    Still, his Jacuzzi runneth over.
    Still he just couldn't get off.
    He's just another power junky.
    Just another silk scarf monkey.
    You'd know it if you saw his stuff.
    The man just isn't big enough.

10. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

11. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

I was getting Weinstein and Fierstein mixed up. I thought the sultry yet gravelly voice of Karl, Homer's assistant had led a very double life.

Weinstein can go to fiery hell. Fierstein can continue to star in broadway shows I'll never see.

[​IMG]

wickedken likes this.
  12. On the plus side, we're seeing Twitter's lack of coherent policy with how they shut down Rose McGowan for telling Ben Affleck (who he and Damon are looking more and more complicit in all of this) to fuck off.

I'm curious in how Tarantino and Kevin Smith might play out in all of this - they were the golden boys who took Miramax into the fast lane and cemented a lot of Weinstein's power. I'm kind of dreading it (Tarantino especially - he's a pretty weird guy who likes to put his foot fetish on display in a lot of his films - a sign that doesn't bode well).

And I'm betting Troy Duffy might be seeing a glimmer of hope for his filmmaking career that doesn't involve another Boondock Saints sequel and finally lifting his untouchable status a bit.

13. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

14. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

I'm curious where else this goes... Weinstein is getting reamed because he's no longer considered "powerful", but what about the other studios?

15. The other studios have had years to bury a lot of their more sordid actions, and they've leaked before in the past. There will always be stories about this kind of mistreatment and far worse than we'll ever be privy to.

The thing about Weinstein is how he was a high flyer who took a 3rd tier studio that was known mostly for art house fare and how he managed to luck out and find a lot of talent that completely redrew the studio system rules and gave a ton of power to the independent studios, which makes for a way more dramatic rise and fall story.

It would be fucking seriously meta if Weinstein Corp buys the rights to his story.

16. Bernnie Federko

Will Louis CK be next...

17. basketballjones

18. Bernnie Federko

19. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

Just by looking at him I get a rapey vibe. Physiognomy is real.

He's either going to kill himself or go scorched earth and release the mother of all tell-all books. My ass Clooney, Streep etc. did not know. Everyone knew and everyone was OK with it because everyone was getting paid.

20. Littlest Hobo

basketballjones likes this.
  21. Littlest Hobo

Weinstein raises millions for the Democrats. Why not a response from Hilary?

22. Bernnie Federko

Someone said something Anti Conservative, Hobo is sounding off in his usual one sided way

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  23. Bernnie Federko

24. Bernnie Federko

???????

25. Bernnie Federko