1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Weight loss vibrating gadgets make a comeback

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by alexd, Sep 14, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Ha Ha! I just saw an ad on TV for this vibrating platform thingy with handlebars which supposedly works your core. WTF?

They used to sell them in the 20's and 30's too, except they had a belt and were just as effective (they did not work at all)

Maybe someone should bring the belt ones back... With a good infomercial I bet you could sell millions of them!
  2. ila

ila TRIBE Member

Yeah, from what I know Madonna, Brad Pitt and the like are all up on that vibrating plate shit. I think the deal is that you do resistance moves while on the plate and the vibration increases the intensity thus lessening the duration for which you need to work out to achieve excellent results.

In the end, it's gimmicky though. Eat less, move more potato head.
  3. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

They work even better when you use them in a hyperbaric chamber
  4. danielablau

danielablau TRIBE Promoter

I was blown away when I saw a store dedicated to selling only those vibing things on the Danforth......do they really sell enough of them to stay in business? I don't get it!
  5. erika

erika TRIBE Member

hey if it's good enough for Karl Lagerfeld.... :p
  6. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

They had these on display at the Ex one year - I used one for a bit. Was good for a laugh, but I doubt their usefulness in actually losing weight.
  7. danielablau

danielablau TRIBE Promoter

I'm embarrased to say I had to google his name.
  8. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

lol me too...