• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Weekend Review Thread

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
what did you get up to?

Friday - Sex In the City @ Bunda Lounge. Liquid funk drum 'n bass thing. Small room, lots of familiar faces, was nice.

Saturday - Football practice with my rec team at U of T. Fun, despite the cold. Trekked to Brantford later in the day to meet a friend's new week old baby. Thing is super cute but I'm glad I don't have one of my own

Sunday - The Hives @ The Phoenix. AWESOME. Those guys rock. Need to bring earplugs to more shows though, as I get older I can tolerate less having ringing ears the day after a show.

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Went to Ole Ole for dinner Saturday night... Nice space food so so... Items were cold or luke warm lacked flavour... I have had better food at Mexican resorts or at El Trompo in Kensington...

djfear

TRIBE Member
I saw Ceephax Acid Crew on Friday. Acid techno at it's finest! I talked to Andy (Ceephax) a bit about Rob Ford, Montreal, and my desire to go to the Bangface event sometime in the future. Super cool dude and he wears awesome sweaters. We instantly clicked because I was wearing one of the glow in the dark ufabulum tshirts. :p

It was at Rainbow Palace in Kensington Market, and I gotta say... that place is a fire trap waiting to happen. Maybe I'm older and more lame now? I don't know... but I couldn't help but stay in the back so I could make a dash for it in case shit would go down and everyone would burn up inside. I don't know why I was thinking about this, but I guess I haven't been to a sketchy venue in a while.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I saw Ceephax Acid Crew on Friday. Acid techno at it's finest! I talked to Andy (Ceephax) a bit about Rob Ford, Montreal, and my desire to go to the Bangface event sometime in the future. Super cool dude and he wears awesome sweaters. We instantly clicked because I was wearing one of the glow in the dark ufabulum tshirts. :p

It was at Rainbow Palace in Kensington Market, and I gotta say... that place is a fire trap waiting to happen. Maybe I'm older and more lame now? I don't know... but I couldn't help but stay in the back so I could make a dash for it in case shit would go down and everyone would burn up inside. I don't know why I was thinking about this, but I guess I haven't been to a sketchy venue in a while.
I was suppose to go to that party and didn't go!

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I went to Rainbow once a few years ago, they still have the insane as fuck lights?

And yeah, that place definitely feels like shit could spark a fire at any moment.

octo

TRIBE Member
i haven't been to the rainbow place in a while. do they let people smoke (cigarettes) in there?

i was at the red door last weekend and left withing an hour cause i was so rammed and smokey.

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
I was at SITC, all I gotta say is........TUNE!

Thurs was the Wu Reunion show, place was a smoke box.

Saturday was a mess of diff things.

Sunday was the Christmas Village at the Distillery.

what did you get up to?

Friday - Sex In the City @ Bunda Lounge. Liquid funk drum 'n bass thing. Small room, lots of familiar faces, was nice.

Saturday - Football practice with my rec team at U of T. Fun, despite the cold. Trekked to Brantford later in the day to meet a friend's new week old baby. Thing is super cute but I'm glad I don't have one of my own

Sunday - The Hives @ The Phoenix. AWESOME. Those guys rock. Need to bring earplugs to more shows though, as I get older I can tolerate less having ringing ears the day after a show.

alison87

TRIBE Member
Ceephax <3

I did nothing in preparation for my first day of work. Then at around 4pm Sunday i got stir crazy and went out for Mira's birthday at KaterHolzig. Sadly i just saw the tail end of the Sunday-through-the-day DJ, 3 hours of Mira and about 20 minutes of Elliver before i realized i should be going home. Mira was fucking amazing. It's so awesome to dance to 110bpm quirky house with hundreds of other nutters packed into a fire hazard room on a Sunday afternoon. Then i did my laundry.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Friday - Bday hangouts with my Brother after getting a flat while driving down the Gardiner, +1 for me changing it in under 10 mins *flex*

Sat - At home kind of productive day, relaxing and getting shit done while listening to tunes, watched the hobbit in anticipation of the second one coming out, got a little drunk.

Sun - nice chill morning and early afternoon followed up by going to the TIFF Brazil Filmfest and saw Rio : 2096 - A story of Love and Fury.

it was interesting, animated, odd, intense and kind of weird, but man some hot cartoons were in that movie.

finished out the eve watching some Sherlock while passing out on the couch.

stryker

TRIBE Member
We got a few hours away from the hospital to buy a car seat and stroller. Watched Fringe and We Are The Millers. Was in bed by 11:30pm every night.

lol

stew

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kuba

TRIBE Member
how's that going?!

I played four hours of tennis which then lead to my shoulder falling off.
I got stoned only once which is great because I'm trying to cut down.
I played call of duty a lot.
I played with my son a lot.

I bet if I was to take a gps with me and do a weekend GPS route of my weekends, it would be within 5 kms of my house, always. i'm an old fart now.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Ceephax <3

I did nothing in preparation for my first day of work. Then at around 4pm Sunday i got stir crazy and went out for Mira's birthday at KaterHolzig. Sadly i just saw the tail end of the Sunday-through-the-day DJ, 3 hours of Mira and about 20 minutes of Elliver before i realized i should be going home. Mira was fucking amazing. It's so awesome to dance to 110bpm quirky house with hundreds of other nutters packed into a fire hazard room on a Sunday afternoon. Then i did my laundry.
Ha! Good thing you did it after.

Your posts are funny I must say.

djfear

TRIBE Member
Sat - At home kind of productive day, relaxing and getting shit done while listening to tunes, watched the hobbit in anticipation of the second one coming out, got a little drunk...
I have 8 tickets to the 7:10pm show on Dec 13 for 48fps 3d at scotiabank. Gotta get another 4 tickets as I'm expecting more people. It's going to be lovely, and then we will all go drink after. :D

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Friday: Old workplace party. Was my ladies last day...got my drunk on HARD and had a real good time.
Saturday: Paid for Friday with a nasty cheap-beer hangover. Did the final move of my lady and her things to Saskatoon.
Sunday: Shopped a bit for things around the condo, slept.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Thursday. Went to see the CP holiday train, baked a strawberry cake and made pizza. Had the folks and my sister over for dinner.

Friday. Worked on my truck most of the day

Saturday. Finished the truck. Went rabbit hunting

Sunday. Made a batch of short ribs. Went rabbit hunting again.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories