• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Weeds

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Police corruption
Making fun of the deaf
Deliberate sabotage of profalactics
Drive-by shootings
Random 'get-out-of-trouble' sex with a rival drug dealer
Homosexuality between a young boy and an older man (first season when she runs into the house and threatens to expose the kid if he doesn't stop...I can't ermember what)

JESuX said:
oh yeah... what happened to Lupita??
Deported. /joke

Last edited:

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Ok, I've banned myself from reading this thread cuz I can't download episodes, I'm watching on Showcase, so my apologies if someone mentioned this already...

I just had to say how much I laughed my ass off last night at the part where Kevin Nealon was in his office watching the clip on his computer where the bear was hit with the tranquilizer dart & fell on the trampoline over & over again! :D Mostly because I remember the day my roommate showed me that clip and being stoned and watching it over & over again too.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Two things I disliked about the last episode (EP08): First, the blatant product placement for the Prius -I'm pretty sure PP has been part of past episodes, but this time it hit you over the head and was that much more annoying. Second, Snoop Dogg. I consider celebrity cameos as evidence that a shark-jump ramp is being built. Other than that it was enjoyable.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
watched 9 lastnight...

not a fan of the DEA
also Im not sure how long they can make this show last....

still so good though :)

*waiting patiently for ep. 10*

JESuX

TRIBE Member
yeah, ep 9 was a good plot-building episode... not the usual craziness and freneticism of the previous few episodes, but you can tell they're sewing the seeds for some deeper interactions.

looking forward to it! i'm actually relieved that they slowed the pace down a bit!

bitchass

TRIBE Member
OTIS said:
Two things I disliked about the last episode (EP08): First, the blatant product placement for the Prius -I'm pretty sure PP has been part of past episodes, but this time it hit you over the head and was that much more annoying. Second, Snoop Dogg. I consider celebrity cameos as evidence that a shark-jump ramp is being built. Other than that it was enjoyable.
episode 9 is a product placer's paradise.

Almond Joy, Grey Goose, Sun Chips, Mountain Dew, Poppycock.. it gets a little blurry in the grocerystore scene but its more than a bit obvious who paid the bills.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
bitchass said:
episode 9 is a product placer's paradise.

Almond Joy, Grey Goose, Sun Chips, Mountain Dew, Poppycock.. it gets a little blurry in the grocerystore scene but its more than a bit obvious who paid the bills.
Yeap, I think if the product name makes it into the script, there's no doubt that it's been purposely embedded. I used to walk out on movies for less placement than has been obvious so far in Weeds.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I LOVE THIS SHOW AGAIN!

Doug and Celia are awesome.

I love that actress who plays Kat (she was the sister in Almost Famous).

The season finale is gonna be SICK!!