• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Weeds

smack

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Despite enjoying her in 90% of the show, I'm not quite sold on Mary-Louise Parker's facial reactions in tense situations. It seems like she's laughing inappropriately, but maybe that's natural, I dunno.
There's something strangely sexy about her mannerisms

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
oddly pleasurable maybe?

Flashy are you talking about the dude she fucked ... I think he left to play baseball or something (Thebluejays were mentioned in the first ep. season 2)

I could be completey wrong though.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
junglegirl said:
oddly pleasurable maybe?

Flashy are you talking about the dude she fucked ... I think he left to play baseball or something (Thebluejays were mentioned in the first ep. season 2)

I could be completey wrong though.
Yeah, the rival dealer that she banged in the alley. Maybe I missed that line in the first ep. I love their references to Toronto...They come up every now and then.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
When they all sat around the table to discuss shit - he said Im out to play baseball

I keep thinking her and conrad are gonna bang

is it just me or is there some sexual tension happening there?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
There's definitely going to be a triangle thing with her, her hubby, and Conrad. They couldn't have set it up more at the end of episode 6.

erika

TRIBE Member
This is without a doubt THE best show on TV these days. The writing is completely brilliant. Did anyone catch the episode last year where Kevin Nealon is somewhat supportive of Bush's policy on Iraq, primarily, as it turns out, because he went to college with Laura Bush and she always had a good stash? :)

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Oh don't get me wrong, I think she is hot as all fuck. She's just kind of quirky.
Man, I love quirky chicks. I don't think I could be with a woman that wasn't a little bit off kilter. It's charming and entertaining. But anyway, yeah, to each their own.

Wait a minute....Are MLP and SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker) related? SJP's writer now writes for MLP, people abreviate their names into 3-letter acronyms, and they share the same last name.

I think I'm onto something.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
watched episode 8 last night.

i stand by my shark-jumping statement when they bring in cameos that rap.

still one of the best shows on tv - but ep 8 definitely was a departure from the norm. i'll be interested to see how she digs herself out as she gets deeper and deeper...

with this kind of momentum, i wonder where the show will go direction-wise. they seem to have trapsed through a LOT of heavy material, uber-quick:

- death
- ecstacy
- cancer
- missing toes
- dog attacks
- kinky sex (+++)
- teenage sex
- gay neighbours
- tennis rackets up the ass
- shotgun marriage
- abortions
- masturbation
- prostitution
- drugs (duh)
- impending love triangle (or tension alluding to one, anyway)
- arson
- drug raids

am i missing anything? at this rate, what tv taboos/shockers will they have left?!