1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Weeds

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ChROmE, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

It gets worse IMO

2. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

Out of curiousity: what shows do you who aren't feeling Weeds thus far, enjoy?

3. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

Just watched Episode 10, and not so hot - not liking where the show is going. Started off strong, wobled a bit, got good a gain, and nwo seems to be taking a dive - pitty.

4. TRO

TRO TRIBE Member

saw the first episode...I liked it both the two lead femailes are some sexy soccer moms

5. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

That was the season finale.

Anyway, the ten episiodes of Weeds were some of the best television I've seen. Honest and nuanced character development, blistering social commentary and plot archs that unfolded beautifully as the season developed. I find it hard to believe people don't like this series. Mary Louise Parker rocked it so hard in the lead roll that I think she's got another Emmy all but locked up.

Then there's Nealon. God bless him.

6. exrboy

exrboy TRIBE Promoter

Benny like!

7. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

frak i didn't know ep 10 was the finale. i've already watched it :(

8. physix

physix TRIBE Member

"when bad posts do good things"

9. junglegirl

junglegirl TRIBE Member

can someone fill me in .... :D

i caught the end...she (mom) was talking to some girl with dark hair (daughter?) and then dark haired girl was in bed with guy...and then mom was cryin on someones shoulder

i guess i could read a synopsis....

def. gonna watch next week

10. bmoneyhoney

bmoneyhoney TRIBE Member

shitty buzz.

i meant to watch this last night and then promptly forgot. anybody know if they are going to re-run the opener?

b-wonderin'

11. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

The whole stabbing at the bush and the war seemed a little forced, and like they were grasping for straws - it didnt seem to flow naturally with the rest of the plot and kinda had me rolling my eyes. I'm all for 'political comentrary', and even a stab at bush - but this just felt a little too "Ok, we have a soapbox, now lets stand on it!"

All in all, I enjoyed the series quite a bit, just found that the last episode or two felt like they were grasping for straws just a little too hard.

12. ian

ian TRIBE Member

Some recent shows I enjoy:

Sopranos
    Prison Break (guilty pleasure)
    House (guilty pleasure)
    Family Guy
    Trailer Park Boys
    Quentin Tarentino CSI was the best TV I've ever seen I think
    Battlestar Gallatica is amazing

13. ~Loress~

~Loress~ TRIBE Member

godammit i forgot. and im not on tribe after 5pm. thanks for the reminder tho!

14. ^NuERA^

^NuERA^ TRIBE Member

hmm good list. Ill also have to admit Pirson Brealk as a guilty pleasure.

But for my list remove House and Battlestar Gallatica and add Southpark and Weeds

15. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

Not feeling this one so far.

16. dotytron

dotytron TRIBE Member

splendid show!

looking forward to next week already!

17. killahkali

killahkali TRIBE Member

holy guacamole! im impressed to the tits with this new program. even the pilot was great, which usually is the worst episode. so far, one of the best shows ever. *Layering it on like peanut butter

18. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

i thought 10 was the finale?

[jai]

19. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

saw it ten minutes in... was okay i guess, will have to reserve judgement until i've seen another one...

20. smack

smack TRIBE Member

This show is awesome! Kevin Nealon is hilarious!

21. dj Red Turtle

dj Red Turtle TRIBE Promoter

I watched this for the first time last night and I LOVE IT! Now I can't wait to get the rest of the season!

22. JuJuHound

JuJuHound TRIBE Member

23. le bricoleur

le bricoleur TRIBE Member

sweet! but it doesn't say when new episodes start. i guess they'll start around august like last year.

24. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

July 17th on Showtime, one hour later on bittorrent.

25. smack

smack TRIBE Member

I thought this show got cancelled cause I never saw it on TV anymore

phew! Thank God its not!