1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Weeds

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ChROmE, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

watched the leaked copy of season 6, ep 1.

sooo good

2. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

Calgary? lol. This show is totally unbelievable, and I love it that way.

Looking forward to the next season.

3. that 420 guy

that 420 guy TRIBE Member

"calgary? oh, you just missed the stampede!"

*bwahahahahahaha* gold!

4. voytek

voytek TRIBE Member

weak opening... losing interest... will download the season when it's done... seems kinda done already though... sad...

5. DJ_Science

DJ_Science TRIBE Member

This show has jumped the shark for me. I just have no interest in what happens to characters anymore and Nacey is just bringing it on herself at this point.

6. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

totally gave up on this show when she was able to get out of any situation with nothing sticking to her
    there is suspension of disbelief and there is being retarded

7. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

Surprised nobody has brought this back up yet!!

Two episodes in, and so fare it's AWWWWWWWWWESOME. Writing is as good as ever, and the shooter wasn't who I thought it would be.

Also, love that they brought back the theme song!

8. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

Fuck, i'm happy this season and show is over.

This season was the biggest piece of SHIT i've ever seen a good show go to. They jumped the shark so many times....it was like jumping the shark through a fiery hoop and juggling swords at the same time.

Fucking hell, can't wait to clear my HD space.

9. Blysspluss

Blysspluss TRIBE Member

Yep...This show had mucho potential way back when...

Now? It's good that they stopped.

Though I did love the buying of doobies/"marijuana cigarettes" at a corner store. The day that happens...will be a good day.

10. danielablau

danielablau TRIBE Promoter

I don't care what anyone says.....I'll always be in love with Nancy Botwin.

11. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Agreed this show had jumped the shark, but I still watched the whole season to get closure. Doug/Kevin Nealon needs his own spinoff show!

12. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Don't want to read any spoilers.

I am binge watching from episode 1.

Go Silas.

-jM
    A&D

13. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Fuck netflix only goes up to season 5 and Silas is just starting to get super hot!
    I've been watching this non stop since ... whatever day that was.

Now I have to download it and watch it on a computer. Le sigh.....

-jM
    A&D

14. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

15. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

Which version of Netflix are you watching, U.S or CDN? I'm seeing all eight seasons available on the U.S. one.

Lobo

16. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

It's the Canadian version.

It's ok I downloaded 6, 7, 8 and I have to say it's worth it cause now I can make a compilation of all the Silas scenes and just edit out the rest which is just fluff.

And thank fuck there are no more mexicans. Spanish sucks.

-jM
    A&D

17. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

OK so I just finished watching the entire show.

I forget which day I started watching, but I basically did nothing since but binge watch back to back between sleeps and reading news.

First off, I can't believe this started in 2005 and I'm just doing it now in 2014. It's like, what was I doing all that time?

Next, when you watch a series in this manner, that is, binge watching, episode and season back to back without much interruption from start to end, it sort of feels more like reading a book than watching a TV show.

In "real life" it took 8 years to make the show, which actually, is kind of a long time. To watch 8 years of people's work all in one week feels strange. Forget plotlines and story etc., you can literally watch people (if actors are people) age and it seems weird. This was especially true of Shane and Silas, obviously because they were pretty young when the show started. The older cast didn't seem to change much at all in 8 years.

Anyway, Silas should have his own show. Le sigh. Maybe I'll go to broadway, and I hate broadway, just to see him live.

-jM
    A&D

18. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

the joys of unemployment. Pick another series and dig in. My favourite way to watch tv.

19. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Did this start before breaking bad? In the beginning there seemed to be a lot of similar plot points.

Anyway according to family guy I hear "the wire" was good. Or were they being sarcastic?

Any Silas look alikes on tribe?

-jM
    A&D

20. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

The Wire, It is the great American novel. Lots of crack & smack.