• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Weed dispensaries are everywhere!!!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Got an O for 150 delivered same day yesterday

times are good.

I guess next year its more like adding it to your grocery runs - like stopping @ the LCBO after the trunk is loaded up with TP and milk and food

Online ordering part may mean Im just checking out online orders somewhere else than I am today and longer delivery (now i get hand delivery same day, assume canada post in FMO) - so its more like 2018 is gonna add more brick and mortar that won't be shut down at any time

Last edited:
Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
i read an article this morning that said the Ontario recommendations indicate you will only be able to smoke on Private Property. it pointed out the Tourist scenario: visitors staying in hotels that are always Non-Smoking will have no legal place to smoke. Is that right? If so that's fucked up.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Seems self defeating. Would want to make it easy for tourists - get that american weed tourist dollar from New York state and New England and Michigan

catilyst

TRIBE Member
i read an article this morning that said the Ontario recommendations indicate you will only be able to smoke on Private Property. it pointed out the Tourist scenario: visitors staying in hotels that are always Non-Smoking will have no legal place to smoke. Is that right? If so that's fucked up.

Colorado had (has?) a similar law when I was there a couple years ago - what it did was prompt certain businesses like hotels to allow guests to partake outside on their properties.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
It makes no sense that you can have business that allow alcohol consumption and in fact are entirely dependent on it as well as businesses that are legally allowed to invite consumption of alcohol purchased elsewhere but restrict this option for weed. It's more restrictive than both Alcohol and Tobacco combined.

It was entirely predictable the province would go for an LCBO model for dispensing (although disingenuous as the government itself as already determined recently that LCBO/Beer Store should no longer be exclusive to that) but the restrictions on where you can consume weed

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
All this model does is ensure the proliferation of the existing black market and the movement of current bricks and mortar businesses into said market. Initial tax revenues will go to the hiring and training of unionized employees (zero stake in the game) and an increased policing budget - to drive the existing professionals underground and ensure that cops have "the resources they need" to fight the scourge of non-governmentally distributed cannabis.

They're fostering the very situation they claimed to be fighting. ...and the money will be diverted as a means of paying for this absolute stupidity.

Fucking greed-heads.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
When the government and the public sector unions agree on something so quickly, you know you are getting fucked.

If I were a convenience store association I would sue.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
It makes no sense that you can have business that allow alcohol consumption and in fact are entirely dependent on it as well as businesses that are legally allowed to invite consumption of alcohol purchased elsewhere but restrict this option for weed. It's more restrictive than both Alcohol and Tobacco combined.

It was entirely predictable the province would go for an LCBO model for dispensing (although disingenuous as the government itself as already determined recently that LCBO/Beer Store should no longer be exclusive to that) but the restrictions on where you can consume weed
this was made up on the fly on the back of a cocktail napkin for 2 purposes. 1. to change the channel on the 2 trials they are involved in. 2. to get the unions on their side
the whole thing is half baked and so full of holes as to be laughable

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
the fact they wont allow vape lunges and such goes to show how well thought out this was. so we can have bars to go drink at but not for smoking....brilliant

I wanted to open my own weed emporium, give it a snappy name, Hobo's Weed Emporium. But no.

First of all, how will 150 store be opened in 9 months, especially when run by the government? The environment assessments and social conduct town hall bullshit won't even be done? If by some miracle that occurs the stores will run out of weed by the 3rd day.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
I wanted to open my own weed emporium, give it a snappy name, Hobo's Weed Emporium. But no.

First of all, how will 150 store be opened in 9 months, especially when run by the government? The environment assessments and social conduct town hall bullshit won't even be done? If by some miracle that occurs the stores will run out of weed by the 3rd day.
they will just pull the old windmill trick. make it illegal to challenge where they are placed...tada
this is going to be a disaster, i suggest you get a steady dealer and a good online place while the dumpster fire rages

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
they will just pull the old windmill trick. make it illegal to challenge where they are placed...tada
this is going to be a disaster, i suggest you get a steady dealer and a good online place while the dumpster fire rages

My steady dealer thought about retiring until he heard this bullshit. The store dispensaries were more of a threat. I don't even smoke that much, it's breathtaking just how shitty this is.

If I were Sheer I would run with 'sell weed wherever as long as you sell to 19+". He would be elected.

The city of Toronto licenses brothels, do we have municipal run brothels? Why not?

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
My steady dealer thought about retiring until he heard this bullshit. The store dispensaries were more of a threat. I don't even smoke that much, it's breathtaking just how shitty this is.

If I were Sheer I would run with 'sell weed wherever as long as you sell to 19+". He would be elected.

The city of Toronto licenses brothels, do we have municipal run brothels? Why not?
the feds are just going to legalize it. the provinces have to come up with their own policies. so it would be brown who should come out and say im gonna let the market dictate where and by whom it is sold at 19+ instead of the insanity wynne is pitching

praktik

TRIBE Member
My coworker has 12 machines in his basement. Free play all night bro!!

This one is so rad, movie clip plays in the middle of it:

683268834_o.jpg

cftblpf.jpg

Also the Tron game is wicked.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
A couple of my delivery guys are ecstatic about this. Me? Not so much. I'm very particular about what I consume and how I consume it.

The current black market and most of the brick and mortar dispensaries already largely cater to folks that want "bang for the buck" (ie. "strongest Indica you've got" or "I wanna get super fucking baked").

The dispensaries who've been focusing - even partially - on medical clientele have the model down. MMJ, for instance. I can only speak for the Ottawa Street (Hamilton) location. Knowledgeable staff, variety, quality and - even if the price-point is slightly higher - I get EXACTLY what I need. Sativa products. CBD products. Products for pets, etc. All available, user reviewed and reasonably priced.

...and what of edibles? This one is MIND BOGGLING. I have relatives who have never smoked, yet currently, they're required to - if they choose cannabis as a medicine.

Will the rollout via LCBO reflect the knowledge aspect of this model? ...or will they hire part-time monkeys and run a similar scam to the one they've got perfected at the LC?

Question was rhetorical.

The government isn't concerned about the medical benefits of cannabis. They're looking to cash in on profits from the recreational sector.

From simple economics, to health and safety - this roll-out they're proposing is just another example of how the law is an ass and the lawmakers are assholes.

End of the day? This approach does ZERO to keep "pot" out of the hands of "kid's" and makes it MUCH easier for Johhny on the corner to flog whatever the fuck is in his tinfoil.

...but that's just common sense.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Chris Selley: Ontarians got the marijuana retail system they deserve

“We will not permit products to be visible,” Finance Minister Charles Sousa memorably vowed. okay, so why is alcohol not hidden behind a curtain, same with beer?

For nearly 15 years, I and other free-market lunatics have been trying to impress upon Ontarians just how insane our liquor retail system is. Yet we still hear the same ludicrous arguments in its favour. “The LCBO makes tons of money for the province.” (Alberta makes tons of money from liquor sales too, without owning a single store.) “Public employees can be trusted to keep booze out of children’s hands.” (The Beer Store isn’t public. Nor are the scores of privately run “agency stores” in rural areas across Ontario.) “The LCBO provides good jobs.” (Not to real product-experts it doesn’t — they would be far better off in a free-market jurisdiction. And if the government’s role is to make good retail jobs, why not nationalize groceries?) “LCBO stores are pleasant. Liquor stores in the U.S. are gross.” (Nope! You’re just going to the wrong liquor stores.)

this is actually going to be a boon to the illegal dealers. good old union run weed is going to cost you a fortune.