• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Weber's

Yourmamas

TRIBE Member
Weber's is good if you have been back packing around eating dried shit for the last couple of weeks.

Other than that, they are nothing special.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
tack one i feel the same way re: 25$ burger..

where is fudrukkers?

Nearest one to Toronto is Thunder Bay.

But they're mostly in the West and the US.

Ohhhhhhh. They are supreme.

Ask Brian at 2 The Beat. He'll tell ya all about it.

:D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Yourmamas

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd
I don't know about Licks... They steam their burgers before they grill them so they are sort of pre-cooked even before the singing pimply faced kids can work their grill magic...

Personally, I prefer hamburger meat that isn't steamed.
I used to work at one in Oakville. We pre cooked them on the grill, but never steamed them.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
I get IBM discount at Licks if i show my badge.. yeeehaaa :)

and ya.. webers was a bit disappointing for hte money i paid for it.... really small fries and the patties werne't anything to write home about..shake was nice and gravy was good

good pickles too and the bun was nice

way too expensive though

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Yourmamas
I used to work at one in Oakville. We pre cooked them on the grill, but never steamed them.
They steam the meat even before its shipped to the outlet. I was eating at Licks once and picked up a notice that said something like "don't worry about ecoli because Licks exposes the meat to high temperature steam for 20 minutes before it is even shipped to the restaurant..."

Would you grill a steak at home if you steamed it for 20 minutes beforehand > I wouldn't.

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
I think there used to be a fuddruckers in Etobicoke somewhere didn't there?

I agree about the meals at weber's in regards to a steady decline, they're purely living on reputation (and still making a killing I believe) but the shakes are top notch in my mind.

Yourmamas

TRIBE Member
They steam the meat even before its shipped to the outlet. I was eating at Licks once and picked up a notice that said something like "don't worry about ecoli because Licks exposes the meat to high temperature steam for 20 minutes before it is even shipped to the restaurant..."

Would you grill a steak at home if you steamed it for 20 minutes beforehand > I wouldn't.
Whoops, I guess I was proven wrong. In all fairness I worked there in '91. That said, some of the same peole still work there.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Caz

TRIBE Member
Weber's is good times, we always stop on the way up north. I agree it was better back in the day, but it's still the shizznit. To me the only thing that sucks about it is the line. Like, how the fack does whoever runs that place keep it sooo busy?!

acheron

TRIBE Member
FYI - Licks burgers are available frozen in 4-packs at Dominion for $6...

I BBQ'd some up with no sauce or whatever beforehand the other day and they are IDENTICAL to Lick's store burgers... Awesome.

KiX

TRIBE Member
Webbers -used- to be SOOOO good. Now it's overpriced poo.

If you want a good burger in the city (cuz we all know scarborough rules supreme between The Real McCoy and Johnny's), try The Loose Moose on king. Their cheeseburgers are fucking massive and SOOOO tasty.

=tina=

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
ah fuddruker's...gotta love a burger joint that displays beef carcass where you place your order

and yeah, my first weber experience was a disappointment

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DJ_Science

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
webers certainly is NOT as good as before.
I've passed this place every trip home for the past ten years. I agree the quaility and portions have been declining since the bridge want in.

sam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
I'll agree whole heartedly.

So I also heard that the reason the put that bridge up was because some people died trying to cross highway 11.

Can anyone confirm?

AND I WANT SOME FUCKING LICKS NOW.
Here's some useless trivia...

That bridge is a leftover piece of the bridge leading to the CN Tower from Front Street. Just look and you'll see they are one in the same.

-sam

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
I know it changes monthly, but I think that "sandwiches" include burgers because that is what the people were getting.

Cheers ... Ian :)
It was just Tuna sandwiches on Aug 23rd. People probably got them in addition to the burger.

Unless that outlet did their own thing.

sam

TRIBE Member
...and speaking of burgers, my new personal fav. is...

THE ABBEY BURGER

Found at the Abbey...a pub on College just west of Dovercourt. Unbelievably good burgers.

-sam

lucky1

TRIBE Member
There is a little cafe on Bay across from the bus station Called the Fabulous Cafe. The have a patio and stuff. I went there for lunch with a coworker and order a burger. It took a little while and we were getting inpatiant. THen the burger arrived and I tell you it was definatly worth the wait. One bite and it goes down as one of the best burgers I've ever eaten, and the homefries that came with it were great too. Nice and crispy. If you are ever around there check it out. Definately worth the $6.50

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The old guy at the place called "BURGERS" on Pape just north of Danforth makes a mean burger too.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
The old guy at the place called "BURGERS" on Pape just north of Danforth makes a mean burger too.
he doesn't like me.. 'cause I asked him for an extra napkin the other day.. I think he coursed me in Greek.

"Ah malakas!..."