1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Weber's

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kuba, Aug 26, 2003.

1. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Anyone ever had Webers burgers?

I used to eat there a lot when going up north with some people back in the day when I was young. Back then the burgers were MASSIVE and delicious.

Last night I had some webers with the camping crew and I just didnt see the big deal of pulling on the side of the road and buying a burger, fries, and pop for 10 bucks.

Licks still reigns supreme in my books. I gotta love BYMARK burgers but they are $25 so unless Vox can hook it up..

Johnny's is good too.

That is all.

2. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

yes

3. juice

juice TRIBE Member

As value of cottage property has gone up so has Webers prices, while the size has decreased. I foresee this trend to continue for many years to come until there is nothing left.

4. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

they even have a webers at terminal 3 at Pearson. It is wicked.

5. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

thanks mr economist. where are the charts?!?!?

6. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

webers certainly is NOT as good as before.

johnny's in scarborough still kicks ass.

bymark burgers are the tastiest in the world, especially with the truffle mustard. :)

7. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

I think the chocolate shake was the best part of the din-din last night!

mmmm shakeeee :)

8. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

I'll say it. Webers kinda sucks.

9. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

I'll agree whole heartedly.

So I also heard that the reason the put that bridge up was because some people died trying to cross highway 11.

Can anyone confirm?

AND I WANT SOME FUCKING LICKS NOW.

10. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

yes, the southbounders would run across the highway and cause accidents.

11. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

YES! thanks! in your face you doubty doubtersons!!

12. juice

juice TRIBE Member

Well Webers prices are much like the 5 year chart on Bank of Montreal.

[​IMG]

While their taste value is more like Nortel in somewhat of a steady decline with signs of getting better during the summer rush only to probably falter again in the fall

[​IMG]

13. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I used to eat at Weber's at least twice a year when I was a kind. On the way to, and back from Muskoka Woods Sports Resort (anyone else go there?).

But I have recently discovered Lick's and am now going across the road to get it WAY too often. I am addicted. And the bonus thing is that they accept Canadian Tire money at par, and I have over $100 of it stashed away. :)

Cheers ... Ian :)

14. Evil Dynovac

Evil Dynovac TRIBE Member

LOL at Juice's inciteful commentary!

You know what the best burgers are? Mine. President's Choice burgers are really big and really good. My favorites are garlic & onion, sirloin, and cheese and bacon (inside the burger.)

I grill up a couple of these bad boys on my Q and make a double burger that's so fat it hurts my wrist to lift it with one hand.

It's the best burger I've had in years! Truly.

15. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Yeah, Weber's was pretty dissapointing.

But it was just nice to buy a hot meal from a restaurant, and I like their little system.

16. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

soundstream: they take can tire money?!?!? wtf??

mel: agreed on system and hot meal comment.

juice: i'd say webers isnt as good as nortel.

17. Vote Quimby

Vote Quimby TRIBE Member

Webers was good...once upon a time. But alas, no more.

Lick's baby. It's all about Lick's.

18. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

You guys don't know bugers till you've eaten at Fuddrucker's.

Jebus christos. I'm seriously salivating.....just thinking about going there after work!

Ohhhhhhhh yeah....

19. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Not all do. The sign says "At participating Lick's". And mine participates!

PS: I made the mistake of going on August 23rd, which because it is their 23rd anniversary this year, every month on the 23rd, they offer some deal for 25c. I walked in and there were litteraly 50 people waiting in line. I saw them all paying with quarters, and decided to walk out cuz I wasn't waiting that long for a burger.

20. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

You guys don't know burgers till you've eaten BBB. Mmmm....BBB.

21. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I've had several burgers there. They are quite good, but I still prefer Lick's a little bit more.

22. Vote Quimby

Vote Quimby TRIBE Member

all you missed were 23 cent sandwiches. It changes each month. 1 per customer.

23. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I don't know about Licks... They steam their burgers before they grill them so they are sort of pre-cooked even before the singing pimply faced kids can work their grill magic...

Personally, I prefer hamburger meat that isn't steamed.

24. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I know it changes monthly, but I think that "sandwiches" include burgers because that is what the people were getting.

25. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

webers is alright...it's really just the hype that gets me excited about it....nobody really cares too much about the burger...it's ok....but for the most part it's that rest stop that says we're almost there.

but somebody MUST tell me more about this bymark burger....I think I have to try and 25 dollar burger....for some reason that both intrigues and disgusts me at the same time..