• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

:: Webcam Home Security Surveillance ::

CiG

TRIBE Member
Hey,

I want to install a few webcams around my house which would capture and record when they detect motion... As well, I'd like to be able to monitor them remotely through a website...

Ideally I'd like four cams in total... Two for the doorways and two in the middle of the house... Could these all connect to one computer for capturing or would I need to have a few computers... ?

Since I have never even owned a webcam I'm not sure how to go about doing this... Have any of you ever done something like this, or if you know of a product out there that can do this for me... ?

Thanks...

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

hoopy

TRIBE Member
I've got a logitech wireless webcam for sale that you might be interested in.. it's got a 75 foot wireless range, check my thread in buy/sell if you want...

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
I've read that the X10 signals can be picked up by anybody in the vicinity. Is that true? I don't imagine the signal is encrytped in any way. You just might want to be careful if you're going to set one up in a uh... bedroom or something... ? :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
mikeryan said:
I've read that the X10 signals can be picked up by anybody in the vicinity. Is that true? I don't imagine the signal is encrytped in any way. You just might want to be careful if you're going to set one up in a uh... bedroom or something... ? :)

i think you need a special receiver to use them?

Jay

Anakin

TRIBE Member
Their range isn't that much, you might be able to pick them up from your neighbours house. I wouldn't worry about it too much.