• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Web Designers how do you....

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Haven't done anything yet.

Usually in the past I would just throw a price out there but realized after a while I was ripping myself off.

I was think of going about these terms here.

Date

Client Name
Client Address

Dear Client,

Thank you for choosing ~~ to handle your Job #3333. The following agreement spells out the terms and conditions of this project. Please keep a copy for your records and return a signed copy to me in the enclosed envelope.

Job 3333 is a revamping of your exsisting website.

My base fee for the services I describe above is $10,000. That fee estimate is based on 100 hours of working time at my hourly rate of $100, and includes time for copywriting, editing, teleconferencing, meeting, consulting, travel, and research.

Payment of the base fee will be made as follows: One-third of the above-mentioned base fee is due upon my commencement of work, one-third due upon delivery of first draft copy, and one-third is due upon completion. Payment for expenses will be made within 10 days following receipt of invoice.

Sincerely,

Me

ACCEPTED AND AGREED:
By:___________________________________ Date:___________________

The prices I listed are just examples and not what I'm really going to charge.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Okay better question wouldn't say 50 - 75 dollars is a reasonible hourly fee to base you quote on?

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I guess I'm cheap. I do html and Flash and charge $30/h. I also have a tendency to undercharge though because I do a lot of work for friends. And I am also very selective about my clients.

In your case I would agree on exactly what they want on a site and charge a fee for exactly that. Any other work is hourly.

I don't know if that helps you at all, but charge whatever you can get. :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I'm not too sure you can charge 100/hour in the current IT climate. They'll send their business to India and get it for 25/hour maximum.

Lainey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
I guess I'm cheap. I do html and Flash and charge $30/h. I also have a tendency to undercharge though because I do a lot of work for friends. And I am also very selective about my clients.
I was thinking the same thing, I only charge $25/hr, I've never made a quote even close to $10,000.. wow. I'm guessing you must be working with a large corporation to be able to get away with charging that much.

Lainey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Zorro
Oh.

PM me if you want me to email you a copy of one of my estimates, it has all of the basic tasks of a web design project broken down.

It's simplified so the client has at least an idea of what's actually involved from the rough design through to site testing.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I' quoted at 50$ dollars and a certain amount of hours and got the job. Thanks for all the input guys.

And Boss you do alot of work in flash??? I like to think of myself as a bit of an expert with this program be cool to see some of your work.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories