• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Weapon for Home Defense

mrfinesse

TRIBE Member
So car got broken into...

and it got me thinking about if I caught the guy in the act, what the fuck would I even do, run out and try to stop the guy but with what? closest thing I have to a weapon (excluding knives) is a plastic broom.

My room overlooks where the cars are parked, so I would be the first to know if anything happens. I also hang out on porch alot while tipsy late at night on weekends. So I want to get something now.

What would u guys recommend? I was thinking a wooden baseball bat.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
If you hear an intruder in your home these are the steps you need to take:

1. Run to the kitchen
2. Grab a bottle of olive oil
3. Take off your clothes
4. Pour entire bottle of Olive Oil over your body
5. Put rubber gloves on
6. Sneak up on the intruder
7. In your creepiest voice say something like "You're finally here, I've been waiting for you."

That'll get them out of there.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
lol

I pulled a table leg off an old ikea table that could do some damage, it's in the bedroom. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered buying a taser

deep

TRIBE Member
AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, got to kill every motherfucker in the room; accept no substitutes.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I have a much music video award that weighs about 10lbs of metal by my front door. Should someone be unwelcome, they might get awarded a bump on the head.

derek

TRIBE Member
take your non-restricted/restricted classes, get your licenses

then
even then a gun is a bad idea. keeping a gun in a bedroom is the worst spot as it's usually the first spot to get ransacked in a break-in.

beyond that keeping a loaded weapon in your house is a disaster waiting to happen, and you'd probably go to jail for shooting an intruder. ammo should always be stored separately from the firearm (while not illegal to store with, it's a bad practice, in that if somebody steals your weapon or gets to it before you do, they've got everything they need). my friend actually removes the firing pin as well and stores it separately from the firearm and ammo as an added precaution.

any good instructor giving the (non)restricted course will tell you the same thing.

now if i could just mount a .50 cal to my window.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
You'll most likely find yourself charged with more than the person who's breaking into your car if you bring a weapon into the mix. Call the cops.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
even then a gun is a bad idea.
differences of opinion. so as long as the owner follows the letter of the law, and takes extra percautions with storage and saftey of said weapons (if more then one are on the property) then i see no issue with it whatsoever imho.

so as long as you are responsible enough to carry the permit and own a weapon in canada, you should be responsible enough to know the laws that govern your right to own said weapon and be willing to take responsibility for your actions with that weapon if you decide to use it (either in firing it or as in a show of force in your home) while protecting your family/property.

p.s i think having a sawed off pool cue is a nice touch, to have around the house anyways. a little dated sure, but nothing leaves a classier impression then with a pool cue (well after you pummel them with it).

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Crossbow. Doesn't require the same permits as a gun, just as deadly/as much of threat.

AND

If Walking Dead has taught me anything, it's that in the case of a Zombie apocalypse, a crossbow is an excellent weapon due to its silence.

Truly though, I'd just call the cops. Or get a hi-res lowlight cam and catch the fella/lady in the act and THEN call the cops. Probably more effective and lower risk to you and those you care about.