• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

we want a good roommate!

kuba

TRIBE Member
yes it's that time again to have our bi-annual 'search for a roommate' thread.

our current roommate is moving to india for a year or more, and we will have his amazingly-painted room for rent.

the house is a 3 storey- 2 bathroom 3-bedroom place in the east end- specifically at queen and pape.

yo'd be living with me (owner) and my friend denny. we're both good dudes.

no cats of any kind. sorry, if i see a cat in my house it ain't comin out alive. that's my only preference. oh yah, no dogs either. so, no pets except if you have a bird or something, and it'll stay in your room, then we're ok.

the room is 10 by 14 with one window. there is no a/c. you can install a window unit if you find one that suits you. the house has everything a normal person needs: big ass kitchen with brand new (relatively) appliances, a nice backyard with a broken BBQ (which we'll do something about), laundry downstairs for you to use, and a living room that will fit an elephant, if we ever needed to put an elephant in there for storage. the basement isn't finished, so you can throw all your junk downstairs to store, if need be. the room has an exposed brick wall which looks really good, and 2 movable ikea 'hanging closet' deals.

we're looking for somebody who works normal hours (no DJs, no bartenders), who is clean (not someone who says they are but really isn't), but not obsessively clean, someone who is OK with smoking pot but won't smoke inside, someone who is easy to be around. just somebody normal.

the rent is $530 including wireless internet and rogers cable, plus 1/3rd of the hydro bill. the hydro bill averages $70 per year, but is much higher in the winter months. example: winter it was $200-250 per person for 2 months, in the summer it's next to nothing (like $30 or so).

the bills are something we can negotiate/talk about.

If you are interested, please email me at kuba at ureach.com, or PM me. if you want to see how the house looks like on the inside, go into the photo gallery and look for 'kuba's housewarming', and you'll get a good idea about it. there is street parking available for $8/month, or something super cheap. there is a no frills, lcbo, loblaws, home depot and zellers within 7 minutes walking, the ttc is 3.46 minutes away (yes we counted) - queen 501 line-, and my neighbor is a cool dude, so he's not loud. we have a nice big tv, xbox360, and an in-house computer genius to help with any hookup questions you have.

I stress: no pets. If you have a pet, don't even bother. Fish are ok, birds are fine, but nothing with four legs.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm looking for May 1 or June 1, at this time.

kuba

TRIBE Member
here is the first available photograph of the living room, looking into the kitchen.

the person in the photograph is neither me nor denny.

kuba

TRIBE Member
how annoying is your piece of crap cat?

does it piss everywhere?>

does it shed?

does it smell?

does it run outside the first minute it gets and never returns?

do you take care of it i.e. feed it and change it's water and litter often?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
It's a dope place, but Denny likes to play 'sneaky uncle' every once in a while, so lock your door!

kuba

TRIBE Member
unfortunately locks are not provided. all that is provided, however, is the ability to roam from room to room. you get to watch me as i wake denny up everyday at 7am because he has the uncanny ability to sleep through this:

beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep....

for ten minutes.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
Hamza. Let me know how the interview went- email denaldok@gmail.com- it's my dummy spam gmail account, and we can go from there. So far I have a few people in mind, but there's always room for more applicants.

May1/June1

kuba

TRIBE Member
sorry i can't do it util september. i have 4 people in mind right now, one is the best candidate, but i don't know if he can do it. i can't go four months w/o the income to support the mortgage. august?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories