• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

We need to talk about >

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
> is mathmatical a symbol that represents greater than or less than. It's commonly used on Tribe to indicate superior awesomeness, or to indicate something is greater than something else.

For instance:

bacon > liver

This would indicate that bacon is greater than, or superior to liver. The open end of the symbol points toward that which is greater than that which it is being compared to at the pointed end of the symbol. It's easy to remember, since the awesome is indicated by the larger end of the symbol, and the not so awesome is indicated by the small end of the symbol.

In this case, bacon is superior to liver. Actually in all cases, bacon is superior to liver.

Now. If you wanted to say bacon is FAR superior to liver, you would write:

bacon >> liver. But this should only be used in cases were the liver is really really gross, and the bacon is really really sweet.

Thanks.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Greater.html

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
My elementary school teacher taught me that the symbol is hungry so you put the open mouth facing the bigger or better tasting number/concept.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
My elementary school teacher taught me that the symbol is hungry so you put the open mouth facing the bigger or better tasting number/concept.
thats how I was taught too!

AshG

R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
i think of it more as a mortal impaling of the weaker, doomed-to-a-painful-death quantity whose minute existence is better left to the annals of history.

deep

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
What if the symbol wasn't that hungry and wanted to eat the smaller number?

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
One of the great things about visiting a remote exploration camp. I get BACON for lunch!!!!! T minus 55 minutes and counting.

Adam

TRIBE Member
also: bacon is one of those words that really starts to look strange when you stare at it for a long time

Craigee

TRIBE Member
I remember Mr Magwood telling us to imagine < or > as the open jaws of an alligator, with the gator naturally lunging for the larger number to satisfy its prehistoric appetite. Or something like that.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Soulster

TRIBE Member
studies show that threads on tribe that have to do with bacon will always be successful threads, often exceeding 2 pages in length.

threads with bacon > threads without bacon

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Soulster said:
studies show that threads on tribe that have to do with bacon will always be successful threads, often exceeding 2 pages in length.

threads with bacon > threads without bacon
If you add Cheese to that mix, or Wine... then the thread is even better.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders