• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

way to ruin our anthem...

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

vench

TRIBE Promoter
hahahaha...

you beat me to it.

she was absolutely terrible.

she sounded awful and fucked up the words to the French part of our anthem.

vench

Big League Chu

TRIBE Member
Nelly Furtado the worst eva!!!
The best US anthem was last night in the middle of the skills comp with Marvin Gaye and his Daughter Live and via TV.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
you'd think she would actually learn the french words before attempting to sing them at the game.
but no, that would make too much sense.

Big League Chu

TRIBE Member
Beyonce humor me and at least wear a mic and pretend your singing...
... oh now she picked up a mic.
Why could'nt she sing at the beginning

zoo

TRIBE Member
lol i couldn't believe when she messed up the words in french

also nelly furtado did a WAY better job than that car-wreck christina aguilera belted out

"for the land of the free yeah yeah yeah .. and the home home home .. of the ... yeah yeah yeah .. brave ... yeah yeah yeah yeah"

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by zoo
lol i couldn't believe when she messed up the words in french

also nelly furtado did a WAY better job than that car-wreck christina aguilera belted out

"for the land of the free yeah yeah yeah .. and the home home home .. of the ... yeah yeah yeah .. brave ... yeah yeah yeah yeah"

you may think that Aguilera didn't sing it the way it should have been sung, but at least her voice sounded better than Furtado's imo.

ack... was there something wrong with Nelly's voice??

on a side note... the game was very entertaining. but why did Vince not get that much court time?? he was the leading vote getter.

vench

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Where was this???

Some sports game?

And I've seen her live. She's hit and miss.

She was really great on the Junos and really awesome on Craig Kilborn. But ever since having her baby, she's lost her range.
Her concert was really good. She just has to ease up with the improv shit. Because the reason why her albums are good is because of the softer elements..

I don't know why artists always feel like they should belt shit out live. If they would just sing it at their own volume, it would sound fine. I mean, they ARE mic-ed.

Avril Lavigne does the same thing. I love that song, "I'm with You' but when she does it live, it's an octave lower and she's struggling to match the vocal power of the original. Basically, she's compensating by going louder, a really BAD technique a lot of singers seem to use.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Whoa, that was really bad. LMAO.

Poor Nelly. She should just sing it normally and not do all that improv shit. *shakes head*

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
I was going to make this thread the second she hit her first note *insert sour face look here*

Then goes Christina right after who just fucked the shit out of the U.S. anthem as well..... shoulda put a hip hop beat to that and passed the mic to Jay Z.

Zigg'

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
that whole thing with beyonce not even using a mic... honestly, i was flabbergasted.
like, AT LEAST PRETEND! this isnt a fucking air band.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Big League Chu
The best US anthem was last night in the middle of the skills comp with Marvin Gaye and his Daughter Live and via TV.
Marvin Gaye live? Do you have a time machine or something?

patri©k

TRIBE Member
thanks for the link sunny.

just watched this again.. and yeah, it's worse the second time around.

LOL.

tabernac!