• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Watches!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
God, where have I been. I don't look at electronics really so I didn't even know Nanos had a touch screen. And I was like "uh, why would you put a shuffle on your wrist?

JoshuaReid

TRIBE Member
What would the battery life be on one of those though? I've not had much experience with these new nanos (i have one of the ones mofo posted) and I can only imagine keeping the clock face on would drain the battery quickly no? Then you are just left wearing a watch strap with a blank face?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

acheron

TRIBE Member
naw you just tap it to wake it, it's not "always on". Which is fine... there are plenty of designer watches that have wakeable faces.

lol I ordered the ipod and the lunatik strap on friday... I just received the refurb ipod this AM and the UPS shipping site for the lunatik says it left Shenzen, China on the 22nd and is out for delivery today! Booya. I'll post a pic when I get it set up.

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
I am torn between this watch and the Suunto core. I think i will go with this watch because it is made in Canada. If it had a titanium band that would seal the deal.
bit of apples and cantaloupes there, i have a core and they are very different watches. the core is definitely my backpacking watch as the altitude/baro/compass functions are handy for mapreading and weather tracking.

Hybrid

TRIBE Member
bit of apples and cantaloupes there, i have a core and they are very different watches. the core is definitely my backpacking watch as the altitude/baro/compass functions are handy for mapreading and weather tracking.
Agreed, Its more about which one i want first. Btw would you recommend the core? ST moritz also has an alto baro watch but i haven't looked at it yet.

Vise

TRIBE Member
those are interesting. the hour is the small dial and the minutes run around the outside?

what's the price point?
Runs $900-950 depending on finish. It's really quite unique and a monster... 47x47mm. Build quality is supposed to be excellent. More info in this review. I've had a brutal few months work wise so thinking about snagging a new watch to treat myself and this looks pretty interesting.

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
Agreed, Its more about which one i want first. Btw would you recommend the core? ST moritz also has an alto baro watch but i haven't looked at it yet.
i've had the core for about a year and it's a great outdoors watch. it's a bit of a beast at 50mm which might be an issue if you're wearing a lot of layers, however it is really light and not just for its size. i have the reverse lcd screen version which looks cool but is definitely not as readable under all conditions as the conventional display version. i've heard the core is a battery hog requiring replacement about once every 1.5-2 yrs depending on use.

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Pick up this retro watch that I wanted for 20 years. It's ugly and flashy and didn't fill the void in my heart. But it's mint and I love my flashy ugly Tag.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
anybody know of a good place in the city to get authentic high quality 70's and potentially 80s era Vintage Rolexes?

specifically looking for clean datejust, or air king models in metailc or 14k gold.

it's for my wife, and I can find them online easily, but don't want to get burned at customs.

cheers

d.

Karim

TRIBE Member
There's a company right over the border called US Address Inc. When you sign up on their website, they'll accept packages for you for $5 a pop. When your package arrives, you just go there, pick it up, and wear it back over.

Driving to Niagara Falls NY might be a tedious pain, but to avoid customs on a rolex, it might be worth it to go down for the shopping trip.

U.S. Address

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders