• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Watches!

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
So being a watch novice, I now realize this is a "hommage" watch and the real thing is the IWC Big Pilot....I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Vise

TRIBE Member
Assuming you're not looking to spend large coin on an IWC BP you'd be better off getting an actual German pilot watch... Laco, Stowa, Steinhart, etc. They have some reasonably priced models and at least have some actual heritage (Laco/Stowa in particular). Nothing as cheap as the Parnis mind you but of course it will never be cheaper than the made in China option.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
parnis is really cheap quality chinese knockoff.

like vise said, save up a few hundred bucks and get a steinheart or a stowa with a quality swiss movement (about 450 bucks). I have a nav-b UHR and it's really quite high quality with a unitas self-winding movement.

left hand one there.

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
How do you like it? Have taken a look at those before, the custom route seems intriguing.
love it. it checks the boxes of my unabashed soft spots for both the ETA 2893-2 and boutique outfits. solid fit and finish, bought it second hand (!) since this piece is from a ~200 unit run and i've found the second hand market for MK II's to be pretty robust. it's obviously an homage piece to the old rolex 1655 explorer (ie the pre-redesign redesign). i actually prefer the MK II over the old explorer because it doesn't cost $20k and because of the rotating 24hr bezel (to allow for a 3rd timezone). presently on the oyster bracelet but have this ACG cordura strap with orange stitching on the way.

Last edited:

deep

TRIBE Member
Sweet. I like the idea of putting together a custom piece to my design spec. Really want a 16600 but maybe this would be a nice interim.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
mk ii customization is like picking options for a car (or a burrito at chipotle). you start with one of their base models (ie case design) and customize it with what ever kind of bezel/bezel insert/face/hands/helium valve/etc you're looking for. lots of overlap between rollie and mk ii owners. big cult following- they generally have some cool projects on the go and only do ltd runs of their models (which sell out in pre-order within a couple of days of the release and hence the healthy second hand market since you can't order most models anymore).

i've got my eye on another shit hot gmt that's supposedly just about ready to ship after two years in the making. it's going to be an LE run of 25 but there's no pre-order for it so you'll have to wait and see if i can manage to score one!

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
I was never really into diver watches before but the hotness on this page has forced me to reconsider, especially that Tudor Pelagos. That Cordura strap also looks great!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Just got this bad boy:

Will be great when I don't want to wear an expensive watch out. It's very me. And I got it for $47. I wonder how big it's gonna be when I receive it. I guess I should've measured my wrist first. Regardless, it's a really nice piece.

acheron

TRIBE Member
since they're discontinued and discounted now, I ordered myself a refurb ipod nano from apple and a lunatik LYNK watchband to fit it into..