• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Watch south-florida cops go on the defensive...

why not

TRIBE Member
tester: Yeah, I wanted to find out how to file a complaint against an officer. I just want to find out how you do it. Do you guys have a form or something that I could take with me.
officer: Well, you got to tell me first, and then I got to hear what's going on. You've got to tell me what the complaint is.
tester: Do you have a complaint form that I can, like, fill out or something like that?
officer: Might not be a legitimate complaint.
tester: Who decides that?
officer: I'm trying to help you.
tester: Like, if there's a form, why can't I just take it and leave, right?
officer: No, you don't leave with forms. You tell me what happened, and then I help you from there. Do you have I-D on?
tester: Why?
officer: You know what? You need to leave.
tester: Why?
officer: I'm going to tell you one more time, because I can't do this anymore with you, okay. You're refusing to tell me what you want to do, okay. You're refusing to tell me who's involved, where it happened, what transpired. You'e not cooperating iwth me one bit.
tester: I was just asking if you guys have a complaint form, like if there's some way for me --
officer: Out of my way.
tester: To contact Internal Affairs.
officer: You can do whatever the hell you want. It's a free country.
man" You're cursing at me.
officer: Where do you live? Where do you live? You have to tell me where you live, what your name is, or anything like that.
tester: For a complaint? I mean, like, if I have --
officer: Are you on medications?
tester: Why would you ask me something like that?
officer: Because you're not answering any of my questions.
tester: Am I on medications?
officer: I asked you. It's a free country. I can ask you that.
tester: Okay, you're right.
officer: So you're not going to tell me who you are, you're not going to tell me what the problem is.You're not going to identify yourself.
tester: All I asked you was, like, how do I contact --
officer: You said you have a complaint. You say my officers are acting in an inappropriate manner.
officer: So leave now. Leave now. Leave now.
tester: I'm not doing anything wrong.
officer: Neither am I. It's a free country.
officer: I'm not in your face. I'm standing on the sidewalk. It's a free country. One more step forward, and you'll see what happens. Take one more step forward.)

<apparently the officer had his hand on his gun at the ending of this exchange>

why not

TRIBE Member
cop; We don't give you -- we don't give you a form. Where do you live?
tester: I don't want to say.
officer: You don't want to say?
tester: Where are you going?
officer: You want to play hardball? We'll play hardball. I want ID.
tester: For what?
officer: I'm asking you for ID right now, that's why. Here, hand it to me. Hand it to me.
tester: Are you kidding me? Here.
officer: I said, hand me your ID. What are you doing here? This is --
tester: I came to ask you how to file a complaint.
officer: This is very suspicious.
tester: Asking how to file a complaint is suspicious?
officer: Why don't you shut up?
officer: I say this is very suspicious, that you pull in here at this time of night --
tester: Eight o'clock?
officer: You're constantly butting in.
tester: I'm constantly butting in?
Mike: Sir, I would like to leave.
officer: I would love it, but he's got your driver's license, so you're just going to have to stay.
Mike: Sir, are you detaining us?
officer: Okay, could I give you a ticket right now for improper backing.
Mike: You can do whatever you want, I suppose.
officer: Okay, that means yes, I guess you're saying, right? ANd for backing up, correct, yes?
Mike: I was backing up, sir, because I was leaving.
officer: But because I'm a nice guy, okay, I'm going to give you a warning. Is that fair?
Mike: Yes, sir.
officer: Okay.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
Ughhh, I go to school with all the wanna-be OPP kids since their academy and headquarters are right beside my campus.

The gestapo-in-training are mini-storm-troopers like these guys for the most part..

lonemale

TRIBE Member
That's fucking scary.

I've tried to make a complaint against an officer here in Toronto at 52 Division, and they intimidated me to no end. It was honestly one of the worst experiences I've had. I tried to take it further but they make it clear that your word against a police officer means little.

I also had the officer that was at the desk ask me what happened - and because it dealt with a physical assault, I told him I would rather make a formal complaint in writing - and he let me know quite clearly that he thought I was a bum and had "conspiracy theories".

If nothing is done about that it's pretty grim.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

xopus

TRIBE Member
reading the transcript without seeing the video, all i could think of was this...

it's hard to actually beleive that this is how cops really act.
*shakes head*

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
why not said:
officer: It's a free country.

Four times this mental midget uses this school yard excuse for a response.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
I'm not saying it doesn't happen here, because it does, but I would like to think cops here are a bit more approachable. In the US, cops wield A LOT of power. The structure here isn't quite the same.

I don't really agree with this kind of 'journalism' either. It's not news, it's shock value. These 'reporters' go and do this to PROVOKE a reaction. I don't condone the behaviour of these departments, but I can somewhat understand why these cops reacted the way they did. When someone walks into a place and wants to complain, yet won't provide any info behind the complaint it does seem a little fishy.

I'd also like to add that I don't come from a family of cops or anything. ;)

Cheers,
J<

AshG

loopdokter said:
I'm not saying it doesn't happen here, because it does, but I would like to think cops here are a bit more approachable. In the US, cops wield A LOT of power. The structure here isn't quite the same.

I don't really agree with this kind of 'journalism' either. It's not news, it's shock value. These 'reporters' go and do this to PROVOKE a reaction. I don't condone the behaviour of these departments, but I can somewhat understand why these cops reacted the way they did. When someone walks into a place and wants to complain, yet won't provide any info behind the complaint it does seem a little fishy.

I'd also like to add that I don't come from a family of cops or anything. ;)

Cheers,
J<
generally i'd agree with you, but in this case there was no provocation whatsoever - if anything i think the journalists were very even handed and went out of their way to be unprovocative.
the manner of speech and sticking to the main question at hand "do you have a form", despite encountering highly charged police backlash was well done i thought.

to the actual point though, the cops who they speak to at the station have no need to know who the complaint is about - hell, they shoudln't know if they're to be impartial about it.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
loopdokter said:
When someone walks into a place and wants to complain, yet won't provide any info behind the complaint it does seem a little fishy.
fishy in what way? the guy was very calm the entire time, and was just asking how to make a complaint. that is a totally reasonable question that is not suspicious by any stretch of the imagination. those cops should have just answered the guy's question. (and the answer to the question SHOULD be 'here is the phone number for the independent body that handles complaints against police officers.")

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
why not said:
tester: I came to ask you how to file a complaint.
officer: This is very suspicious.
tester: Asking how to file a complaint is suspicious?
officer: Why don't you shut up?
hahaha..

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
You forget, this was not just journalists involved, the study was preformed by a third 'watch dog' party, and the edited footage and following interview by the reporter. In essence, no one was suckering da 5 0 into anything. Straight out case o' protecting there own.
On the plus side , no horses were harmed in the making of this thread.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
AshG said:
generally i'd agree with you, but in this case there was no provocation whatsoever - if anything i think the journalists were very even handed and went out of their way to be unprovocative.
the manner of speech and sticking to the main question at hand "do you have a form", despite encountering highly charged police backlash was well done i thought.
I just got the feeling that they were trying to egg them on. Like I said, I didn't agree with the police reaction either.

Cheers,
J<