• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Watch out for this scam!

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
They've been doing this for years with various brands. My roomate from back in university bought a speaker set off one of these guys for like 200 bucks LOL. Lucky for him they actually sounded decent.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Bumbaclat said:
weird, my only reason for not buying these is that they might not be stolen. If they were I would buy them in a second. I'm worried about buying crappy speakers marked as good ones.
They aren't stolen. It's just a sales front for a legit company whose speakers are probably worth like 50 bucks per.

swenard

TRIBE Member
I can't believe how many idiots get caught up with these guys! I think almost everyone I work with has a set of these speakers in their house. One guy was evenb bragging about the deal he got on his leather jacket(same type of thing) and had the guys number to get anyone else a deal if they wanted it.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
AdRiaN said:
"...attempt to attract the attention of suitable targets: usually affluent young men, college students, or other demographics thought to have large amounts of disposable income."

Now I'm offended that nobody has ever offered me these speakers!! Don't I look affluent?!

:mad:

funny last time i was in TO (mid aug) I was approached while I was driving, and buddy wouldn't take no for an answer even though I tried to be polite. I litterally had to call him an asshole con artists and tell him to fuck himself.

X_Door

TRIBE Member
I was approached a while ago too. I wasn't interested in their speakers but I bought their white van. Did I get ripped off?

octo

TRIBE Member
you guys would be surprised at the mark up on legit store bought speakers.

also, anyone who buys Bose anything is getting just as scammed as anyone who buys white van specials

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
funny last time i was in TO (mid aug) I was approached while I was driving, and buddy wouldn't take no for an answer even though I tried to be polite. I litterally had to call him an asshole con artists and tell him to fuck himself.
ya i hear what your saying Ditto. These clowns just become so caught up in the glory they DON't take no for an answer.

I was approached three times by these clowns around my work. One Incident I followed them and fucked up a sale they were trying to push on some poor dude trying to get something in the "kwiki mart". I drove by and yelled out the window "DOn't BUy EM!!!!!, they're shit" lol

If I see another person trying to push these shits on tribe im just flat out putting them on blast. I wasn't so mean to that guy in the buy and sell because I wasn't so sure what his situation was.

bottom line, if it's sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

dj umlaut

TRIBE Member
I was approached by those white van jokers five years ago and ever since I had hoped they'd come back and find me. Finally, three weeks ago, they did, and now I've got myself a sweet set of 250W ProAudio towers that cost me $200 bucks. I haven't regretted that expenditure for a moment. I even broke out the B&K sound meter from my lab and checked the spectra and linearity, and surprisingly they're as good as the 100W Sony speakers they're sitting next to - both need lots of EQ adjustment but they sound decent on a class A amp. Even if the cones themselves sucked (which they don't) the hardwood boxes might have been worth the money.