• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

was this taken too far?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
It wouldn't. Not that hunting someone down after the fact and retaliating counts as protecting his property anyhow.

derek

TRIBE Member
it's a car, and you shouldn't be allowed to beat the crap out of somebody protecting it. violence should only be used when protecting yourself, or another person from immediate physical harm.

being charged and convicted are two separate things. if convicted he could have some issues travelling or working. there are exceptions, but the paperwork is quite intense. i couldn't hire a guy a my previous employer for a high level position that he was totally qualified for because we flagged a record on the check. he spoke with me after, it was an assault conviction got when he was younger, and claimed to have forgotten to disclose it to us. the disclosure wouldn't have helped him, the policy was very strict. he was upset. i'm sure he did eventually find something. a conviction just makes things difficult.

i'm not sure what the DOD's screening policy is, but i can tell you in the private sector, a conviction, for which no pardon has been granted, can affect you.

Last edited:

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
it's a car, and you shouldn't be allowed to beat the crap out of somebody protecting it. violence should only be used when protecting yourself, or another person from immediate physical harm.

being charged and convicted are two separate things. if convicted he could have some issues travelling or working. there are exceptions, but the paperwork is quite intense. i couldn't hire a guy a my previous employer for a high level position that he was totally qualified for because we flagged a record on the check. he spoke with me after, it was an assault conviction got when he was younger, and claimed to have forgotten to disclose it to us. the disclosure wouldn't have helped him, the policy was very strict. he was upset. i'm sure he did eventually find something. a conviction just makes things difficult.

i'm not sure what the DOD's screening policy is, but i can tell you in the private sector, a conviction, for which no pardon has been granted, can affect you.
Agreed. I've just been fortunate enough to not have it hinder me travel-wise or professionally.

The car thing sort of bugs me cause people say, "it's just a car", but if anybody started damaging any other multi-thousand dollar investment/purchase that I made, I'd still freak. (I actually bought a car I don't care about because I got tired of freaking out). But still, I bought something for tens of thousands of dollars, I'm gonna freak if someone damages it.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
as a kid, we did a lot of snowball attacks on cars, and waterballoons from rooftops in the summer too. But we fully expected that one day someone would lose their shit on us, and we would pay big time. Luckily it never happened but we would have only blamed ourselves! is that reasonable to say?

kyfe

TRIBE Member
What kind of insurance covers assault? I wanna get me some of that
auto, if you're driving a vehicle that would be considered "normal use and operation" and thus covered under the SABs in Ontario. (for the driver losing an eye)

for the kid losing an eye, he would not qualify under the auto insurance but the liability portion of the property insurance will cover actions brought against you including legal costs to a limit anywhere in the world.

This would not be a 100%-0% case though, that kid is going to be held partly liable and should be charged for endangering a life, to me it's the same with kids throwing rocks off a bridge.

I 100% agree with Fornicator assault will not ruin this guys life and if a first offence it will probably be stayed and a donation made to charity.

as for the argument that he wasn't the one, guess what if your roll with the wrong crowd you face the same punishment.

Either way I'd love to punch the kids uncle in the face, I hope he's the size of a bear to.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
threatening bodily harm, by way of internet, is lame, especially from someone who seems to know the law so much.

emiwee

TRIBE Member
It's nice to see that everyone around here has all of a sudden become an expert in sentencing for violent offences.
A fine or charitable donation and stay for assault causing bodily harm? Please...

derek

TRIBE Member
and kicking somebody when they're already down, isn't taken lightly. especially, if it's a kick to the head. it's malicious.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders