• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Was anybody listening to CIUT this morning?

SolChild

TRIBE Promoter
There was this guy who was a Economic Hitman for the U.S and was explaining the inner workings of his job and also talked about the IMF and the NSA and he also talked about 9/11 and iraq! so interesting, I wish I could remember his name........aparently he's got a book out!!

OTIS

TRIBE Member
It probably is..
he wrote Confessions of An Economic Hit Man which is an excellent read for anyone who wants to understand the inside workings of the IMF/World Bank development/subversion schemes.

As well there are a few interviews with him on mp3 around the net. Worth looking into. just google him.

SolChild

TRIBE Promoter
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: How the U.S. Uses Globalization to Cheat Poor Countries Out of Trillions

Listen to Segment || Download Show mp3
Watch 128k stream Watch 256k stream Read Transcript
Help Printer-friendly version Email to a friend Purchase Video/CD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We speak with John Perkins, a former respected member of the international banking community. In his book Confessions of an Economic Hit Man he describes how as a highly paid professional, he helped the U.S. cheat poor countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars by lending them more money than they could possibly repay and then take over their economies. [includes rush transcript]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Perkins describes himself as a former economic hit man - a highly paid professional who cheated countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars.
20 years ago Perkins began writing a book with the working title, "Conscience of an Economic Hit Men."

Perkins writes, "The book was to be dedicated to the presidents of two countries, men who had been his clients whom I respected and thought of as kindred spirits - Jaime Roldós, president of Ecuador, and Omar Torrijos, president of Panama. Both had just died in fiery crashes. Their deaths were not accidental. They were assassinated because they opposed that fraternity of corporate, government, and banking heads whose goal is global empire. We Economic Hit Men failed to bring Roldós and Torrijos around, and the other type of hit men, the CIA-sanctioned jackals who were always right behind us, stepped in.

John Perkins goes on to write: "I was persuaded to stop writing that book. I started it four more times during the next twenty years. On each occasion, my decision to begin again was influenced by current world events: the U.S. invasion of Panama in 1980, the first Gulf War, Somalia, and the rise of Osama bin Laden. However, threats or bribes always convinced me to stop."

But now Perkins has finally published his story. The book is titled Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. John Perkins joins us now in our Firehouse studios.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
sounds interesting, many people would consider this conspiracy theory territory but I tend to think it does happen along with alot of other bunk we never hear about.

Thanks for bringing it up I'll make it my next read,

Kyfe

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Has little to do with conspiracy theory, and more to do with how on paper, economic interaction and development between first and third world nations seem like legit enterprises, but there's an odious subversive element to it all that only the insiders gain. Perkins simply scratches the surface of it with his inside info, and tales of experience. Most interestingly, he differentiates between two wings of this covert activity, the EHM's (economic hit men) who are few but effective as they head major construction/development operations and work to actively subjugate nations strictly through economic means, and if this fails (usually because of some political leader), the jackals are called in (CIA/CIA linked) who remove the obstacles that prevent the former from taking place.