• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Warrant issued for mother of missing girl at centre of Amber Alert- MEDIA BS

stryker

TRIBE Member
This is one of those cases where you really get a smack in the side of the head for the narrative the media puts out vs the actual truth.

Although I don't personally know Allana or her daughter, I do know her Aunt very, very well. I didn't connect the two until last week when the Aunt posted on Facebook about the Amber Alert.

This is essentially a "Not Without My Daughter" type of case.

Back in 2013 my friend would discuss at length, over a period of months about about how concerned the entire family was about the husband.

The Mother in question, Allana, had agreed to move to Egypt so the husband could be closer to his business interests. He changed as soon as they got there. Then the Arab Spring happened. Allana and her Canadian family were freaking out that something bad would happen as they were living right in the middle of the uprising and the Muslim Brotherhood was a very real and present danger. She begged the husband to leave, or to at least let her leave with her daughter until things calmed down. He was stubborn and said no and began to isolate his daughter from the mother.

They've been fighting for years to make this happen. They sent mediators over to Egypt to sort this out. But the husband's family would not budge and were using their very extensive resources to extricate Allana from her daughter's life and basically kept her Layla prisoner in Egypt.

I'm not 100% on the next part but my understanding is that Allana had enough and got her daughter to Canada to keep her safe.

Now the husband is using a corrupt Egyptian system to put pressure on the Canadian system to portray Allana as some crazed lunatic because she doesn't want her daughter living under the extended family's sharia beliefs.

Shame on you CBC et al. for not telling a more truthful version of events.

Canada-wide warrant issued for mother of missing girl at centre of Amber Alert

If you want to help her legal funds

Click here to support Allana Haist custody fund by Paul Dillon

Stew

Stop Bill C-10

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Your description of events is being echo'd my many, many people.

Seems as though the "Amber Alert" system CAN be used incorrectly, or in a way that doesn't give the general public who recieves the Alert messages through the various media platforms, all the correct information on to which to base their decision.

I can tell you if I knew where Allana and her daughter were, I would not provide that information to the authorities or media. It's called doing the right thing.

djfear

TRIBE Member
This is one of those cases where you really get a smack in the side of the head for the narrative the media puts out vs the actual truth.

Although I don't personally know Allana or her daughter, I do know her Aunt very, very well. I didn't connect the two until last week when the Aunt posted on Facebook about the Amber Alert.

This is essentially a "Not Without My Daughter" type of case.

Back in 2013 my friend would discuss at length, over a period of months about about how concerned the entire family was about the husband.

The Mother in question, Allana, had agreed to move to Egypt so the husband could be closer to his business interests. He changed as soon as they got there. Then the Arab Spring happened. Allana and her Canadian family were freaking out that something bad would happen as they were living right in the middle of the uprising and the Muslim Brotherhood was a very real and present danger. She begged the husband to leave, or to at least let her leave with her daughter until things calmed down. He was stubborn and said no and began to isolate his daughter from the mother.

They've been fighting for years to make this happen. They sent mediators over to Egypt to sort this out. But the husband's family would not budge and were using their very extensive resources to extricate Allana from her daughter's life and basically kept her Layla prisoner in Egypt.

I'm not 100% on the next part but my understanding is that Allana had enough and got her daughter to Canada to keep her safe.

Now the husband is using a corrupt Egyptian system to put pressure on the Canadian system to portray Allana as some crazed lunatic because she doesn't want her daughter living under the extended family's sharia beliefs.

Canada-wide warrant issued for mother of missing girl at centre of Amber Alert

If you want to help her legal funds

Stew

Is the husband trying to get the daughter back to Egypt? How old is the daughter?

janiecakes

TRIBE Member

Can you explain what is untruthful about that CBC article? They mention the police are operating under a court order, they say that they do not believe that the child is in any danger at all, and they even mention the go fund me page by its name so that it can be easily found. So what is the issue with the media coverage?

djfear

TRIBE Member
I can see this from both sides, though being Canadian I naturally sympathize with the idea of the daughter living here in Canada.

Reading the background, I've seen this from the opposite side with one of my cousins in Europe. My uncle married this woman and they had a child. When my cousin was around 5 years old, his mother took him to see family in South Africa for a 2 week vacation (with written permission from the father). He was essentially kidnapped for 6 years and my uncle was very distraught by the whole experience and did not have any legal recourse to getting his child back. My uncle did finally get him back when the mother sent my cousin for a vacation to see his father with nothing but broken shoes and a small backpack with 1 day worth of clothes. When my cousin saw the love and positive relationships that his paternal side of the family had, he wanted to stay there and his mother gave him permission. That was basically the end of that.

He's now in his 20s and I heard the entire story from his perspective 2 years ago when I visited for a wedding.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stryker

TRIBE Member
Can you explain what is untruthful about that CBC article? They mention the police are operating under a court order, they say that they do not believe that the child is in any danger at all, and they even mention the go fund me page by its name so that it can be easily found. So what is the issue with the media coverage?

I think they haven't done enough to highlight what kind of living situation they were coming from or providing deep enough context for her motivations. It's also not jsut this article, their coverage since the alert was issued was very skewed.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
CzFWMt7XUAAXJIe.jpg:large

wickedken

TRIBE Member
I think they haven't done enough to highlight what kind of living situation they were coming from or providing deep enough context for her motivations. It's also not jsut this article, their coverage since the alert was issued was very skewed.

I hate to say it but I agree with Ms Cakes here. The linked article is full of simple facts, and the Amber alert is serving it's purpose - to alert the public for a missing child. In fact, the tone of the article suggests that police are cognizant of the fact that there is a custody dispute, as opposed to something like a violent kidnapping.

However, this should let you understand that these media outlets are under no obligation to dig into any matter. They don't even have to publish an article about this episode. And they certainly don't need to ask the smart questions that really sheds light on things.

djfear

TRIBE Member
When I first saw an article (not the one linked) about this amber alert the article was very scarce in the information and made the reader feel that the mother was kidnapping the child and that was that. It made the reader feel that she was a bad person and that there was no other side of the story. The one linked is more balanced.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders