• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Warning: America on a high terror alert!!

Shockwave

TRIBE Member
Gee, I guess all they can do now is keep supporting the American economy (a.k.a feed the rich people's pockets), and then after the holidays, when nothing happens, thank Mr. Bush for protecting them and saving Christmas!

How long can these people beleive this crap? The worst part is Dubyah's gaining suport since they happened to step on Saddam.

physix

TRIBE Member
the thing is, the threats that they are getting are no dif't than the threats we've apparently been gettiing since the early 90s, maybe even earlier...

the only dif now is that we actually got bitched slapped once and now every holliday from here on out will be shaded in "yellow"...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Aeryanna

TRIBE Member
What does an increased terror alert really mean? Do they just increase the level of harrasement for travellers at the airport? So instead of interogating you for oh.. 5 hours they interrogate you for 10? :confused:

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aeryanna
What does an increased terror alert really mean? Do they just increase the level of harrasement for travellers at the airport? So instead of interogating you for oh.. 5 hours they interrogate you for 10? :confused:
The increased terror alert can only mean the following: someone is going to run a stop sign.

Shockwave

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aeryanna

Yes, and it also means they go through packages more thoroughly. I was talking to someone yesterday who mailed gifts to their cousins in Arizona. The packages included stuff like crayons, colouring books, all kinds of stuff. Anyways, the packages got their opened and with half the stuff missing.

Apparently crayons are a weapon of mass destruction, and thanx for ruining a perfectly fine Christmas gift you knobs!!

junglisthead

TRIBE Member
im as conspiracy minded as they come, however, they are justified in warning people. If they dont, they have people proclaiming "why didnt they warn us?" "maybe the dont want us to know?" attitude

there has been alot of chatter, more so then before.

First you (have about a few weeks back), a "muslim warning" to muslims to stay far away from large cities.This wasnt on your regular news but on muslim websites, (in which you have to translate it with ajeeb translator though).

Then you have Al-Zawahiri and Bin Laden with audio tapes proclaiming the next phase is soon, and in the same breath apologizing about the attacks well in advance of it happening. If you have been following you will have noticed that whenever Al-Zawahiri comes out with an audio, there has always been some sort of attack whether on american soil or other soil

even before america issued the orange state of alert, there has been alot of chatter all over the net recently. It reminds me of the weeks leading up to 9/11.

do not undermine these warnings, or the terrorists themselves, they have been successful for almost 10 years now, in their threats against america, with each attack becoming bolder and more damaging.

Im afraid that the next attack IS sooner more so than later

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I just got back from a flight out of the US, and not to be conclusive or anything but the only guys I ever saw being searched/stopped (Canadian Customs) were of obvious ethnic origin. But all in all, the baggage check guys were stupidly polite, it was insane and I was impressed. Everything went super quick, and easy. But as for the increased security, it really only exists in the deterrence factor the spectacle & press of ‘increased security’ may bring. In reality it only is a time waster for travellers & ratings jumper for the B'admin. The only chatter they monitor is the backroom re-election plans. Was it me, or was the announcement of the latest "elevated terror alert" also the inaugural press conference from the snazzy new department of reichland security?

Some other inconclusive observations from my 10 days in the states…

I was in Kentucky when they announced Saddam's capture & and got to observe the general consensus response of: "great, now lets get rid of Bush".

The flag waving is most concentrated among the religious, and the commercial car sale sector.

H2 hummers don't lose any appeal in the non-snow states or urban landscapes.

The Americans have waged a war on carbohydrates. I say wage it on calories, or the even higher crown problem of general over-consumption but they won't listen.

When the weather’s bad, shopping & eating is where it's at. My 5 extra pounds says it enjoys it new life in Canada.

Buying a phone modem for your computer is still a 'hot' Christmas item.

Snoop dog says 'minizzle' in an AOL dialup ad, and the intarweb super highway has still yet to open an on/off ramp to Florida.

6% sales tax is nice, but it fucking shows, I made it up with my toll payments.

Radio towers in the southern part of I75 are in the shape of massive crucifixes.

God Bless America.