• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Wanting things you can't have!!!

Galactic Phantom

TRIBE Member
Has any one been in this situation where there's something almost in your grasp and you just can't have it to yourself?

Yet you want it so badly. It sits in the back of your mind all day everyday. Though you know deep down in your heart it's not the best thing for you but you want it so badly no matter what the cost.

How do I do get over this feeling without crossing the line?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

lok

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Galactic Phantom
Has any one been in this situation where there's something almost in your grasp and you just can't have it to yourself?

Yet you want it so badly. It sits in the back of your mind all day everyday. Though you know deep down in your heart it's not the best thing for you but you want it so badly no matter what the cost.

Self mutilation

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Galactic Phantom

TRIBE Member
Having this deep seeded desire plague you night and day is seriously not healthy. I'm aware of this, even through the advice of my good friends logical reasoning is thrown out the window.

Do I confront these feelings or just ignore them?

lok

TRIBE Member
I tremble
In my soul so
tangible and
otherwise
cold to the touch
yet
this insatiable fever
boiling inside me
wants only
to
have
what I simply
cannot

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Actually, interesting topic (if you're being serious).

The only thing you can do is shut the fuck up and look for better. Because if you can't have it in the first place, then it wasn't right. We all want things we can't have. We all lose things we thought we had.

Learn from it, move on.

I find reading philosophy and critical theory helps because not only are you trying to figure out WHY you're feeling the way you do (whether it's pining or depression or insecurity), you learn to accept your issues. There are plenty of diagnostic possibilities in reading discourse on truth, post-modernism, abstraction, objectivity vs. subjectivity, Naturalism, Constructivism blah blah blah... because like Timo said, we are all worthless human beings.

NOTHING is important. You are worthless. You are one out of 6 billion entities. You are a tiny speck of a speck in the cosmos. Realizing your worthlessness and unimportance is enlightening. Calming. My 2 cents.

Or you can write about it in your blog. *rollseyes*

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Who said it was about love?
For me, all I can think of right now is getting the right photographic work out of my system..

It's there, I just don't know if it's exactly what I want. There are tons of things we pine for: career, love, friends, fame, money, material objects, knowledge...

Like, the fact that I cannot understand politics makes me REALLY mad and kinda depressed sometimes. Because feeling dumb sucks.

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member

you are talking about going to buffalo to get that watch aren't you?

voytek

TRIBE Member

can't.

"the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it." - Wilde Oscar.

I just had a dream about what I cannot have and it will eat away at me till I kill it with some opiates. till next time.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I would probably go about finding out why I am not allowed to have it. Depending on the answer, you either find a way to have it, or realise that isn't for you and get it out of your life as fast as you can.

If you REALLY want it, there is ALWAYS a way to get it, but be prepared to accept responsabilities.

Lurch

TRIBE Member

Yet you want it so badly. It sits in the back of your mind all day everyday. Though you know DEEP down in your heart it's not the best thing for you but you want it so badly no matter what the cost.

Having this DEEP seeded desire plague you night and day is seriously not healthy. I'm aware of this, even through the advice of my good friends logical reasoning is thrown out the window.

Do I confront these feelings or just ignore them?

hmmmmmmmmmm?

gubydal

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
why would you talk about politics when there's wine ?

Bah... Just what the gov't wants... keep you drunk and watching American Gladiators or NASCAR while they ammend your constitutional rights and freedoms and in their spare time destroy the economy and environment!!:mad:

But I digress... back to the subject...

When you focus all your energy on something you can't have (that's NOT meant for you in the fist place) you aren't able to pay attention to the opportunities that ARE presenting themsleves. Worse yet... you aren't able to appreciate what you ALREADY have.

The ego always wants what it can't have.... because it can't have it. Confront the origin of you feelings within yourself. You have to decide who's in control! Yourself or your ego.

much easier to say than do...

You'll be much happier when you do!:)
Good Luck!
Shawna