• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

WANTED - XL Dog Crate

ducke

TRIBE Member
Not sure if any one has a EXTRA LARGE Dog PORT/CRATE .

I have an English Mastiff and that is the reason I am asking for the EXTRA LARGE . He is still a puppy but growing like crazy :)

I am not looking for the WIRE KIND .

P.m. or post a pic of your crate ....

thank you to all :D
 

squirrely

TRIBE Member
can you please post a pic of your pup, just so i can ooh and ahhh a bit?
(my two dogs weigh a combined total of 14 lbs so i have to live vicariously through other people who have large breeds).
 

ducke

TRIBE Member
Sure click on my name and load up my site . Solar & ECLIPSE have a page .

14 pounds together eh . What kind do you have ?

In case my info for my name is not up to date here is the link to my site www.TheSimpleGardener.ca

Cheers
 

squirrely

TRIBE Member
oh wow! gorgeous!!!!! and i'm so sorry for your loss.

here's to new beginnings and loads of happy memories. :)





mine are mutts - dachshund/poodle crosses. very mini. smaller than cats.
 

ducke

TRIBE Member
THANKS very much . Eclipse was my PRIDE & JOY.

Yes as you can see from going to my site - My puppy is gonna be a mini pony when he is done growing in 2 years - Now I just need him a friend to bounce around with .


dachshund/poodle crosses. very mini. smaller than cats ------------- too me it does not matter the breed ------------
I LOVE EM ALL - If I had the support and the means I would open up a resque for our 4 legged friends ...
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
docta seuss said:
boo to crate-training.. boo i say.
My dog absolutely loves her crate. It's her little safe place. She has been known to find things in the house and choke on them..socks, underwear..the list goes on and on. So during the day while we are at work..she goes in crate with her toys and the radio on and feels very safe and just sleeps. Half way through the day our dog walker picks her up for a one-two hour hike..then she goes back in the crate. The other reason she is in the crate when we are not home is cause she harrasses the 4 cats. At night time she sleeps in our bed under the duvet.

So unless you lock your dog up for tons of hours a day..I think there is nothing wrong with it. I guess the only thing I dont like so much is people putting their dog in the crate for bed and daytime. That seems a little much to me.
 

squirrely

TRIBE Member
crate-training can be abused just like anything, but when it's done well i personally think it's invaluable.
 

ducke

TRIBE Member
docta seuss said:
boo to crate-training.. boo i say.
There is nothing wrong with Crate Training so long as it is used in a correct manner. To say BOO thats just RUDE of YOU . should not judge a cover till you read a few chapters .



I am not sure if you have a PET or not but it's one of the most successful forms of training as it set's a limit in your pet's head ( Mainly Dogs).

I got the crate for my puppy on Thursday evening = Set it up and with in 15minutes he crawled in and went to sleep = BINGO the crate just paid for itself cause thats why I wanted it - It is now the SOLAR ZONE - Its not a BAD thing it's a comfort thing .

I do not put him in it - He comes & goes himself as the door was removed so he will never feel confined or trapped.


Many people have different ways of handling there pet but when your pet can reach up to 180 pounds by the time he is 2 years old = You would get a crate also or have nothing left in your home and the chance of having no control of your dog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still searching for another CRATE .

THERE IS NO super RUSH for it .As it will be used for Solar's Girlfriend when she comes home.



HAPPY MONDAY ALL
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

ducke

TRIBE Member
Craigslist is like the 411 of 2006 . Another week and the yard sales will start also :) BARGINS BARGINS BARGINS
 

ducke

TRIBE Member
ducke said:
Not sure if any one has a EXTRA LARGE Dog PORT/CRATE .

I have an English Mastiff and that is the reason I am asking for the EXTRA LARGE . He is still a puppy but growing like crazy :)

I am not looking for the WIRE KIND .

P.m. or post a pic of your crate ....

thank you to all :D

REFRESHING THE POST
 

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Why dont you like the metal ones? You can make them super cozy with blankets and a fav stuffed toy. We have 2..one for the house and one for the truck. It works quite well..and I think that she likes that she can see out from all angles and spy on her 4 kitty friends in the house.

You can buy them new for pretty cheap. I *think* we got them at petsmart. Whereever it was that we bought them..they sold the HUGE plastic transport ones that you are talking about.

Your other option is ebay..but think it may be cheaper and less hassle brand new..cause shipping may cost too much.
 

ducke

TRIBE Member
geminigirl said:
Why dont you like the metal ones? You can make them super cozy with blankets and a fav stuffed toy.

I think it is because of the horror story's I have heard of and from the pictures I have seen from Solar's breeder.

I am considering a WIRE crate and will be on the hunt this weekend - YARD SALES ..

What kind of pooch do you have ?
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
ducke said:
I think it is because of the horror story's I have heard of and from the pictures I have seen from Solar's breeder.

I am considering a WIRE crate and will be on the hunt this weekend - YARD SALES ..

What kind of pooch do you have ?
I have a Hungarian Vizsla. Her name is Sassa--prounounced Sha-Sha(it's Hungarian and means little princess):)


The newer wire ones are much nicer then the older ones. They dont seem so cold and kennel like.

With our girl we just throw her fav dolly and blanket in with her and some classical music and she sleeps nicely during the day(I know cause I have peaked in the window). They are not that expensive..but I suppose you can find them second hand somewhere since some people only use them for 2 years. Good luck!
 

Caz

TRIBE Member
ducke said:
There is nothing wrong with Crate Training so long as it is used in a correct manner. To say BOO thats just RUDE of YOU . should not judge a cover till you read a few chapters .



I am not sure if you have a PET or not but it's one of the most successful forms of training as it set's a limit in your pet's head ( Mainly Dogs).

I got the crate for my puppy on Thursday evening = Set it up and with in 15minutes he crawled in and went to sleep = BINGO the crate just paid for itself cause thats why I wanted it - It is now the SOLAR ZONE - Its not a BAD thing it's a comfort thing .

I do not put him in it - He comes & goes himself as the door was removed so he will never feel confined or trapped.


Many people have different ways of handling there pet but when your pet can reach up to 180 pounds by the time he is 2 years old = You would get a crate also or have nothing left in your home and the chance of having no control of your dog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still searching for another CRATE .

THERE IS NO super RUSH for it .As it will be used for Solar's Girlfriend when she comes home.



HAPPY MONDAY ALL

let it go dude.

dogs, under no circumstances, enjoy crate training. It is one of the hardest and most neglectful practice we as humans put on our pets. I agree that it works, but to convince yourslef that they "like" it is laughable at best. Its akin to saying that criminals "like" jail. Its thier safe little place..

keep crate training, stop kidding yourself. Get it done, and get it out of that crate asap

p.s he's "going in it himself" because dogs are innocent and obediant creatures by nature. Telling yourself that he would go in there without feeling he has to is ri-goddamn-diculous

sorry if its harsh but had to be said
 

ducke

TRIBE Member
It is all good & Thank You for your thoughts on it .

I still beleive and will con't to beleive that he is HAPPY in his SOLAR ZONE . The only time he is " put " in there by me is after a feeding to the the risk of BLOAT .

BLOAT - is a very serious matter in deep chested dogs after they have eatting . If a dog should get BLOAT you have about 1 hour to get the into the VET and pray they can stop it in time . Look it up on GOOGLE .


HAPPY EASTER
 
Last edited:

squirrely

TRIBE Member
caz said:
let it go dude.

dogs, under no circumstances, enjoy crate training. It is one of the hardest and most neglectful practice we as humans put on our pets. I agree that it works, but to convince yourslef that they "like" it is laughable at best. Its akin to saying that criminals "like" jail. Its thier safe little place..

keep crate training, stop kidding yourself. Get it done, and get it out of that crate asap

p.s he's "going in it himself" because dogs are innocent and obediant creatures by nature. Telling yourself that he would go in there without feeling he has to is ri-goddamn-diculous

sorry if its harsh but had to be said

god you sound like a moron. dogs are den creatures. most enjoy retreating to a partially enclosed space.

both my puppies arrived at my house and immediately went into the crate i had set up, not because they had had ever been "crate trained" but because it felt like a safe and secure space.

taking advantage of this part of their nature and using it for house-breaking purposes sounds pretty fucking smart to me!
 

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
caz said:
let it go dude.

dogs, under no circumstances, enjoy crate training. It is one of the hardest and most neglectful practice we as humans put on our pets. I agree that it works, but to convince yourslef that they "like" it is laughable at best. Its akin to saying that criminals "like" jail. Its thier safe little place..

keep crate training, stop kidding yourself. Get it done, and get it out of that crate asap

p.s he's "going in it himself" because dogs are innocent and obediant creatures by nature. Telling yourself that he would go in there without feeling he has to is ri-goddamn-diculous

sorry if its harsh but had to be said

Marty..we our going to have to disagree here. My dog absolutely **LOVES** her crate. It is where she feels the most safe and cozy. You are welcome to come over and see for yourself if you dont believe me. When we introduced the crate we made sure that the crate was 100% never used for discipline..and that it was only made to be a happy/safe place. Everytime she goes in it...she gets her dolly, a treat and her fav blanket. As soon as we say "time to go in your crate Sassa"...she runs and waits in it.

Dogs feel safe when you are out, when they are in a their own little house. The important thing is that you dont keep them in long. That to me is very unfair. OUr dog is never in there for more then 4 hours without a pee break and a walk. I think crate training is the more responsible and proper way to train a dog. It keeps them from choking on things in the house as well saving your furniture.

As for night time..she prefers to be under the duvet in the bed.

So shooosh.:p
 
Last edited:
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

squirrely

TRIBE Member
at night my newest pup sleeps next to me in his crate but the older one? for such a cat-sized canine, she sure manages to take up my whole bed!!
 

ducke

TRIBE Member
I hear you there on the bed hog . 17 week old puppy has learned how to take up a king size bed ...
 

Caz

TRIBE Member
squirrely said:
god you sound like a moron. dogs are den creatures. most enjoy retreating to a partially enclosed space.

both my puppies arrived at my house and immediately went into the crate i had set up, not because they had had ever been "crate trained" but because it felt like a safe and secure space.

taking advantage of this part of their nature and using it for house-breaking purposes sounds pretty fucking smart to me!
Robin I think you misunderstood my post. Crate TRAINING is locking the puppy in an enclosed area overnight, and whenever we are not home etc. "partially enclosed?" Try locked and latched.

You're fortunate that your scared puppies chose the area you set up to retreat to, I'm glad it went well for you. In the 3 years of being the General Manager of a major pet store chain I've seen it go very wrong. forward your post to the owners of puppies that come in looking for first aid because the noses of their dogs are chewed up and bleeding from trying to get out. Or the ppl who want some powerful deodeorizer to stop the stench because the puppy has been sitting in it's own piss and shit for 8 hours while the owners sleep upstairs.

And to be honest im not sure why you're calling me a moron, you seem to have some personal emotional investment in the matter *shrug*
 

Caz

TRIBE Member
geminigirl said:
Dogs feel safe when you are out, when they are in a their own little house. The important thing is that you dont keep them in long. That to me is very unfair. OUr dog is never in there for more then 4 hours without a pee break and a walk. I think crate training is the more responsible and proper way to train a dog. It keeps them from choking on things in the house as well saving your furniture.

As for night time..she prefers to be under the duvet in the bed.

So shooosh.:p
well said.
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain
Top