• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Wanted: Trendy uber-geek

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
Trendy uber-geek to lend a hand to a small crew of trendy uber-geeks. We’re a small shop working on a tiny little application of our own. We need some help. Ideally you know and understand the following concepts and languages:

DHTML / CSS
AJAX
Ruby on Rails
MySQL 4/5
PHP 5
OOP

You will be working with a team of people who know and understand these things so we’re not expecting you to carry the entire project yourself. We’re a dynamic team and we work well in close quarters when we all have a common goal to achieve.

You deal well with ambiguity. You can see problems and rectify them before they become full blown. You’ve worked with programming APIs and Frameworks. You’ve been involved in web programming for a long time.

We will only contact people who we think are a good fit.

This position is in downtown Toronto.

We offer competitive hourly rates based on experience. Contract term is for 1 – 3 months (maybe longer).

Please provide resume and or online portfolio.

You must be living in the Toronto area to apply for this job.

Send resumes and or online portofolio links to jobs@a40c.com

--r

nawberry

TRIBE Member
How important is it that the applicant knows:

DHTML / CSS
AJAX
Ruby on Rails
MySQL 4/5
PHP 5
OOP...?

What sort of emphasis do you put on other neat things, like bacon-eating?

Does the company need in-house counsel?

Do you have to send your own resume, or just any resume?

Paul
Web Solutionist Director

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
nawberry said:
How important is it that the applicant knows:

DHTML / CSS
AJAX
Ruby on Rails
MySQL 4/5
PHP 5
OOP...?

What sort of emphasis do you put on other neat things, like bacon-eating?

Does the company need in-house counsel?

Do you have to send your own resume, or just any resume?

Paul
Web Solutionist Director
bwahahahahhaa

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Hrmm, I dont know Ruby on Rails, but it is on my 'to do' list to learn.
I know OOP, I know SQL fairly well, most expierence with SQL Server and Oracle, but handy with MySQL also.

I know DHTML/CSS/HTML/JavaScript.

I havnt touched PHP in ages, but I do know how to use it, I may not be uber-PHP Guru, but pretty well rounded in doing online web-apps and have extensive expiernece with ASP and ASP.NET/C#

and also alot of expierence with C++ and some with Java in the past.

*ponder*

I'm close, but not quite - but I do learn fast and up with the geekyness and familiar with Ajax and also starting to fiddle around with things like Prototype and scriptalicious and other frameworks/apis and goodies like that.