1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Wanted: Linux Books

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell & Rent' started by Spacepilot, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Spacepilot

Spacepilot TRIBE Member

I'm interested in learning Linux/Apache. Can anyone recommend any good books to check out? Perhaps you have some you want to sell?

Let me know,

Mike

2. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

try the factoryoutlet place on college @ spadina.. they have a good selection downstairs.. what flavour are you planning to try? I would go with slackware more so if you want to learn linux. something like debian does most of the work for you.

there are some good websites aswell.. linuxdocs.org is a nice one for starting.. good luck!

Jay

3. smilez

smilez TRIBE Member

I have A Practical Guide to Linux Mark G Sobell

that I had to buy for one of my courses. I paid a fortune for it but I would be willing to part with it for a nominal amount.

Melissa

Details:

A Practical Guide to Linux

4. mattt416

mattt416 TRIBE Member

i had the best luck at the pc bookshop across from 7-11 at college / spadina. you can pick up great books there for around $10 a piece. make sure you check it out.

i have the following book that might be of interest:

Learning the bash Shell (2nd Edition, O'Reilly) [$10]

Good luck!