1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Wanted: Computer Desk

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell & Rent' started by DJ Doublecross, Aug 22, 2003.

1. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

Anyone selling a computer desk? Right now my desk consists of two tower speakers with a board laying on top.
    I don't want anything too big, or tall.. just a nice looking desk that can hold a computer/monitor/printer. Ikea has some nice, smaller desks, but they cost around $300.
    So if anyone is looking to get rid of a desk, let me know!

Rob

2. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

Rob I just picked up a desk from Staples and I'm surprised at how happy I am with it! It's a corner unit with a slideout keyboard tray, two hutches that can be used as rackmounts and a monitor stand big enough for a 19"... it was only $140 + tax... check them oot!

3. tommysmalls

tommysmalls TRIBE Member

ikea also has desks for about 50-70 bucks that consist of a variety of finished planks and a variety of legs to suit your taste

4. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I have a desk that I no longer use. It is in good condition. A few minor scratches on the desk surface from wear and tear, but they are not very noticeable. The reason I no longer use it is because I bought a complete matching bedroom set when I moved to my new place.

[​IMG]

Each panel of the desk is a full 1 inch thick, and is very sturdy and strong. The weight of the stuff on the desk in the picture is almost 200 lbs (the monitor alone is 110 lbs).

It was originally around $250, I believe. Make me an offer via PM if you are interested.

You will have to pick it up if you are interested. It can be disassembled though and slid into the back of a car/truck.

Cheers ... Ian :)

5. sohaness

sohaness TRIBE Member

ooh nice monitor man! how big is she?

steve.

6. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Sony 24 inch widescreen.

I may be selling it if anyone is interested. I want to get a smaller LCD display.

Unfortunately finding someone in the Toronto area that has need (and the money ;)) to buy a 24 inch display is highly unlikely. I have to sell it locally since the weight of the unit is a little over 100 lbs and shipping to the US is about $500-$600.

7. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

how mush are you going to sell the monitor for?

I just happen to have to have some extra funds in my wallet these days..

8. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I paid $3,300 CDN for it new. It is about 2 years old, but in mint condition.

PM me an offer if you are interested. I haven't decided on exactly what I feel a fair price would be (mainly because there are so few used ones on the market to compare it with).