• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Wahhhhhh!!! I want my playstation

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Police called as PlayStation 4 tantrum leads to 'out-of-control' son

CBC News Posted: May 11, 2015

A Brantford, Ont., father called police to help control his 13-year-old son, who turned violent after his parents took his PlayStation 4 away, police said.

The father called 911 Saturday around 7:15 p.m. ET to report that his son was destroying the home with a hammer and a baseball bat, according to a police report.

When officers arrived at the family home, they found the parents had locked the boy in the garage in fear of their safety. The boy was trying to get back into the home by smashing the door and locks.

Officers talked to him and eventually arrested him without incident.

Despite his youth, the boy still caused damage, said Const. Natalie Laing, a media officer with Brantford police.

"It was a dangerous situation," she said. "He was out of control."

The drama started when the boy had a verbal dispute with his sibling and his parents about the use of a PlayStation 4, according to police.

The father then took the gaming system away from the boy as a punishment. That was when the boy became irate and began smashing property outside with a baseball bat, police said.

The boy is charged with mischief under $5,000 and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose. He was held in custody for a bail hearing.

WTF

djfear

TRIBE Member
The thing that frustrates me about these types of incidents is that it'll be the parents that end up paying for (1) court costs, (2) fines, (3) the fact that their son now has a criminal record and is much less employable.

Hopefully they send that little shit to counseling or boot camp for 13 year olds, teach him some god damn self restraint, and finally when he's older they wipe that record clean (assuming he turns out okay) so he can be a productive member of society.

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
what ever happened to good ol' fashioned beatings?

my parents would beat the fuck out of me and my brother for misbehaving.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
what ever happened to good ol' fashioned beatings?

my parents would beat the fuck out of me and my brother for misbehaving.
Agreed, to an extent. The risk of getting a beating can be a great means of maintaining household order. Same argument could be said for tyrannical governments, though. Risk of torture minimizes threats of revolution and insurgency.

Anyway, while the kid is gone I hope they got rid of all things video games.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Agreed, to an extent. The risk of getting a beating can be a great means of maintaining household order. Same argument could be said for tyrannical governments, though. Risk of torture minimizes threats of revolution and insurgency.

Anyway, while the kid is gone I hope they got rid of all things video games.
big difference between a kid getting a spanking and a dictatorship

kids now are taught they are special snow flakes who can do no wrong and achieve anything with zero effort

just take a walk in the mall and see parents pleading with their kids to behave
when i was a kid a trip to the mall was a once in awhile treat where i would get to spend some of the money i made for doing chores

i know, it sounds crazy. if we acted up in any way on the trip to or at the mall say goodbye to the trip and my allowance and depending on how bad we were a spanking and grounding

shit is fucked