• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Wacky DJ lineups?!??!?!

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
FERRY CORSTEN ferrycorsten.org
DAVE CLARKE daveclarke.com
NU NRG LIVE nunrg.it
INFUSION LIVE infusion.net.au
MARK OLIVER markoliver.ca

Doez this seem as messed up to you as it does to me? I'm wanna see Dave Clarke really bad, but if have to hear one minute of trance or breaks to do so...............I just won't be there.

Is this lineup wack? Or am I just spoiled?

curious GRj

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Da grunj
FERRY CORSTEN ferrycorsten.org
DAVE CLARKE daveclarke.com
NU NRG LIVE nunrg.it
INFUSION LIVE infusion.net.au
MARK OLIVER markoliver.ca

yeah.. get rid of dave clarked and get armin van buuren.

Poot

TRIBE Member
ummm... doesn't the End of Summer Party usually offer a diverse line-up that will appeal to a variety of electronic music fans?

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
They need Paul Oakenfold. Now there's a solid headliner. This guy ROCKS!!!!!.

Oh when will they bring him back. I can't wait to hear his signature sound of garbage trance.

Maybe Oakenfold and Lenny Dee can go b2b:D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Poot
ummm... doesn't the End of Summer Party usually offer a diverse line-up that will appeal to a variety of electronic music fans?

Yes.
But because of all that trance, I won't go to hear Dave Clarke.

In some senses it excludes as many people as it tries to include. Not too many people who dig Ferry Corsten also like Dave Clarke!

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
Yes.

In some senses it excludes as many people as it tries to include. Not too many people who dig Ferry Corsten also like Dave Clarke!

for sure.. they should dave clarke somewhere else and get ANOTHER trance headliner :)

diablo

TRIBE Member
Yes.

Anyone who goes to Labour Of Love should expect a mixed bag of music.

If you want straight techno all night, go to a Blue or Restructured event.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Yes.

yeeaaaah... regardless tho, I find this party to be just toooo much to handle. The venue, the crowds, etc. The last time I had a great time at this party was 2000.

It would take a lot to convince me to attend this year period. (i.e. regardless of lineup)

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by diablo

I agree, which is why I will go to a blue or restructured event.

So what is the logic in putting Dave Clarke after Ferry Corsten then? I just don't get it.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
There's only one name on that list worth seeing: Infusion

They will steal the show from any other person listed above.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by diablo

Exactly.

Pick and choose your parties, because they can't all be to your particular flavour and/or please eveyone equally, especially the big ones like this.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
How about the line-up for CREAM in Montreal?

Alain Vinet
Desyn Masiello
John Digweed
Ferry Corsten
Sander Kleinenberg
Deep Dish

One of these things is not like the other.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
There's only one name on that list worth seeing: Infusion

They will steal the show from any other person listed above.

maybe.. but Ferry Corsten is really, really good.. always plays awesome in Toronto.. too bad he's playing such a short set.. i'd love to hear another 6 hour session :D

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
oh boo fucking hoo.

Do people still think it's so "uncool" to have to put up with a bit of trance that they actually sacrifice seing artists that they like over it?

Would it actually KILL you to listen to a bit of music that you don't normally listen to just once in a while?

I'll admit that I'm as genre-specific in my music tastes as just about anyone else (psy all the way baby!), but I'll still give an ear to the stuff I don't normally listen to (ie: techno, house, breaks) if they're playing alongside some psy, and I've even been out to strictly house/breaks/whatever events if I've got friends dragging me out.

There's quality music in pretty much every genre of the "electronic music" spectrum, why the need for genre-hating? I though that died out long ago.

Pete

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
Well, I'm a HUGE fan of both Dave and Ferry, so :p Skipper.

Ever since I caught Dave @ the Jet back in 99, I've been hooked. I got into Ferry about 1.5yrs ago, and he always has a lot of energy, and some fairly dirty, mind-bending tracks up his sleeve.

Couldn't really care about the rest of the lineup though in the mainroom.. too bad it's @ that shitty cattlefarm that passes for a club.

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
oh boo fucking hoo.

Agreed.

Hell, I'm @ a different genre event a few times a week, if not a night.

There is so much talent in this city every week, both local and international, it'd be foolish to not try to take it all in. I like breaks,trance (prefer harder tech/psy),house, techno.. hell, to be honest I don't really give a shit about genres.. as long as the tracks are dirty and banging.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
oh boo fucking hoo.

Do people still think it's so "uncool" to have to put up with a bit of trance that they actually sacrifice seing artists that they like over it?

Would it actually KILL you to listen to a bit of music that you don't normally listen to just once in a while?

No, but I'm not going to fork over that much money to hang out in Kool Haus til 4am just to hear one DJ. I just honestly couldn't last that long without getting tired/bored.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i don't see what's wrong with that lineup, dave clarke plays hard and corsten also plays pretty hard, just different types of instruments / melodies

nate

TRIBE Member
one of the main points of a big party, besides having good dj's, is to be able to pay the dj's by bringing in a large number of people.
What might be a good way to do this??

by bringing in different genre dj's. that way you get those trance lovers chewing their face away to corsten, techno heads rocking out to dave clarke, breaks fans get to witness a sick live set by infusion, and thats just the kool haus. the rest of the complex is pretty much genre specific.

so basically it comes down to $$$, you like dave clarke, so you will come see him, while someone else may despise him, but go for deep dish.

relish the fact you can catch so many top dj's in one night instead of complaining that theres not enough thought going in to a party.

peace,

nate!

bucky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Da grunj
spoiled.

thats a wicked lineup, but then again i don't live in toronto so getting to hear a wide range of genre's and headliners in one night is awesome to me.

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
The impression I hav from previous Dave Clarke sest is this: hes a British whining bitch who has to be totally into hi set/night or else he will not give it his 100%, and because of his style, if he ain't going 100%, he can blow HUGE chunks. That being said, he can also be one of the better Techno djs on the planet! I'll put my money on the former because of who hes spinning with.

hopefully I'm wrong,
GRj