• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

wabi

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
nice party...great job with the venue kids...the chill out room looked fabulous...it's amazing what some christmas lights a few 2/4's can do to illuminate a space...i can't say i was thrilled w/ david coopers set...i enjoyed the tunes, but the programming was a little off...however justin tossing down world in my eyes made the night...more depeche mode @ parties :D ... good to see @m out on his b-day, temper tantrum meh apolgise for my drunken state & my look of awe when you asked me that question, tom (par-t) awesome to see you out...& respect to y'all boogeying down @ wabi tonight...

respect....

jc

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
FUN FUN FUN!

Never been to a Wabi party before, due to some bizarre misconception of what they were about, and I have to say overall I had a blast. The sound was a bit "meh.." but I enjoyed the tunes quite a bit. Danced my shag off.

Nice one hearing the dukes unexpectedly spin after a somewhat short and poopy evening starter at Savannah.

Nice to meet:

Allie.. I believe I am somewhat smitten with you. :D Three dimensions definitely do you justice.. and did I mention you have a beautiful voice?

djcheezwhiz.. you were intoxicated?

..and good to see all the many Tribers I saw. EEech, I can't believe I've met so many of you. ;)

BBB.

..and like most of you.

"It's a blunt!" - derek

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
....I notice this blond mop of hair and this sketchy raver kid beside it :D....LOUIE AND LORI. As soon as the double L's showed up I should have known the night was going to be crazy. In our drunken stupour, we all basically realized we had no idea where we really were, but what a fun night regardless. funky lights , decorations, not the greatest sound system. We showed up from Savannah Lounge (after Film lounge ;) ) around 3 am with the infamous Dukes in tow who ended up taking over the sound system.

Big shout out to:

Basic- Cause we can make anywhere a party. Wait to ditch element and party it up proper styles , that's my boi!

starr- Michelle a party follows you wherever you are, big props for everything!

james - ahhh my cute little philosopher boy. Debating nietzche on the dancefloor and naming lobsters in chinese restaurants. The last week would have been no fun without you.

tommysmalls- Great seeing you again, even though we lost you right away!

Par-T- "Tom have you seen anyone?" "Nope" You had your one spot and danced like a mofo all night!

Djcheesewiz- good seeing you too, and no apologies @ all!!

BBB- I finally got to meet you! Definetly a highlight :)

Starvin Marvin-+Co2+Loress= Oh you ghetto crew! BUBBLE TEA MASSIVE. That's if louie gets off his ass and calls me!!

@m+Kf= Great music boys, and happy bum-shaking bday @m!

Alchemy+ crew = Ohhhhh derek ;)

And most importantly big ups to my beautiful girl Christina for making last night fucking wicked!

~allie~

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
forgot to mention meeting the triple B for the first time (yes to your question, we had a mini keg of some german beer b/n a few friends before coming out, so my balance wasn't the greatest :) )

wish i could have stayed a bit longer for @m & kf , but my ride home was leaving when you guys arrived...hope you had a great time...

the sound was pretty muddy, but it belongs to the space...i think they added a few bins to run the highs, but still wasn't the greatest...

that being said as i mentioned above, the wabi crew did a wicked job with the space...it felt so intimate & warm all evening long...great work guys, thanks for letting me be a part of it & i'll see you all soon...

jc

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

starr

TRIBE Member
as always a great party put on by the wabi boys
the visuals were FABULOUS
i wish that every promoter would hire you to do visuals

the space looked great, free water near the end is always a bonus :)
music was ok, i wasn't listening that much - a little busy catching up with people i had run into on wednesday (except THIS time i was far more sober)
i do recall the dukes strongarming their way onto the decks and spinning a great set :D
[too bad about savannah boys - and happy birthday adam]
this was definitely one of the nicest parties of 2002
hope you didn't miss it!

great crowd, sweet music, amazing decor - that's all i need

good to see everyone out...i'd list you all, but that would be silly
until next time!

HappyJR

TRIBE Member
My Wabi adventure:

10:00: original time planed to leave the house, but held up by having to finish some deco

12:00: officialy left the house.

12:30: caught the bus, heading downtown.

1:00: downtown, still on the subway, I check my wallet... No money... FUCK! I left it in my other pants...

2:30 : Home again... Too late for subways, and it's not worth going out on the night bus... No party for me...

Didn't even make it to the door...

but... it was a great night anyways...

HappyJR

TRIBE Member
My Wabi adventure:

10:00: original time planed to leave the house, but held up by having to finish some deco

12:00: officialy left the house.

12:30: caught the bus, heading downtown.

1:00: downtown, still on the subway, I check my wallet... No money... FUCK! I left it in my other pants...

2:30 : Home again... Too late for subways, and it's not worth going out on the night bus... No party for me...

Didn't even make it to the door...

but... it was a great night anyways...

drave

TRIBE Promoter
Right on. Showed up at 4:00. Gerald and ? were playing, then the Dukes went up there. Then Adam Marshall was playing. All good people and nice tunes.

The absence of harsh security types is so relaxing there. Like the place respects you enough to party cleanly and nicely.

Decorations were swell. I had a party there a couple of weeks ago and had the place looking very different from that. It's awesome that there exists a place in Toronto where you can go in to create a party, you can be creative and create a space that is different from what anyone has ever seen before or will ever see again. And then next week you can see what someone else does with it. That is so fun.

I had a great time. Saw Kim, Deliana, Lucy you're back right on? Rhonda - hmmm. Kf and @m, sorry for your night in the bird-perch at Savannah. I think there is hope for that place, just not with that booth.

play hard

dave

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
I managed to spend the evening follwoing the b-day boy around! Made it Savannah lounge and was there for an entire 15 minutes before it ended. Then our 'entouage' ;) made the treck to the wabi party. I love the venu! simple yet effective! The room has a cool shape to it as well. I didn't really hear much music last night as most of my adventure was running from here to there to everywhere! fun nonetheless. :)

Peace & love. D
www.2ammusic.com

eco.R1

TRIBE Member
i noticed no one was supervising the lighting board. so. i decided to play around with it for a bit. pretty damn cool if you ask me! ;-)

excellent night. it was good chillin' with everyone.........

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
oh boi..

well tEkKiD did a fine job of supervising the records and coats and tripped out due to ALOT of shrooms ;)

it was a fun night, we played at Savannah (shame about what happened) my boi Greg didnt get to throw down either, and the dukes got cut off.... :(

great seeing everyone, not gonna list - too many.

wabi was intimate though, and Cooper fucked me up large, well alright it was the shrooms but man ..... props to the kid who dropped Depeche Mode...

damn that technoprincess is one fine looking girl :D

peace,

doug.

girl friday

TRIBE Member
AS IF all of you guys showed up!!!!
I was there until around 2am but had to leave cause i was so damned tired...uncharacteristic I know arrghhhh Oh well, glad you all had a good time. The decor was absolutely fantastic, atmosphere does so much for me. The mixing however, was not. I thought Dave Cooper was awful, the tracks were good but mixing was shit and I don't even know all that much about mixing.

Props to the Wabi boys (justin & jin), glad I finally made it out to one of their events, too bad I was so out of it, I'll save up my energy for next time.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
haha....I honestly couldnt tell you how i ended up here! I think I remember seeing Allie and Derek, couldnt tell you what type of music was playing, or what the place even looked like inside!

LORI + LOUIE + CHRIS = DRUNKASSES

"yo you gotta make a left.... BUT NOT RIGHT NOW!" :D

haha....great times as always! :)

~Lori

Par- T

TRIBE Member
Started out at the DJ Shows aniversary party and @m's b-day. Tunes were bangin' but the party wasn't - where was everyone? Kind of shitty, them shutting down right at 2am, cutting off the Dukes part way through their set.
Good to see there was a steady stream of Tribers commin' through to show their support .
Good thing the early closing didn't wreck the night, cause we all moved as a mob over to Aria to pick up were we left off courtesy of Wabi.
Even more Tribers were there making their presence felt, good to see you all.
My first Wabi was a definate success, great atmosphere and decor, nice to see they've opened up the room from the last time I was there.
Too bad about the music though, sound kind of sucked no matter where you stood. Just wish it was better during the DM track and the Dukes set, but what can you do.

Hey BBB, were you wearing a blue shirt? I think I talked a bit to you (if that was you) when Savannah closed before the move to Wabi.