• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

"W" on queen west

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
Did anyone else reach this aftr hrs last night? I spotted andy roberts there, and dr. dan too... not sure who else was spinning but the vibe was pretty wicked... good house music and that dank after hours art gallery vibe was nice. Glad I popped in on my way home.

billy

TRIBE Member
that sign always makes me laugh. "do you ever wonder what goes on behind this door on a saturday night?"

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
whoah. i think we might be talking about a completely different party andy roberts has. are yout alking about that 721 or whatever place......i wouldn't go there.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

billy

TRIBE Member
the space above the W salon and 721 are in the same building, but the sign i was refering to is for the space upstairs. they do some sort of theatre style event, or so i've heard. i just assumed this was the location he was talking about and that they did something late night.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
this is a really great venue. Kind of private. Anything with Andy roberts is a ok by me.
Yeah no doubt about andy. Really solid, old-school-ish, flavourful house.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
VinylRach said:
he plays wednesday nights at andy poolhall
relentless. lol

d

p.s. imho, people generally should use a bit more tact around here and keep 'afterhours' adresses and such on the d.l. so-to-speak. "loose lips sink ships". tsk tsk.

*edit* andy didn't play at "W"

Last edited:

hondo

TRIBE Promoter
dvs said:
relentless. lol

d

p.s. imho, people generally should use a bit more tact around here and keep 'afterhours' adresses and such on the d.l. so-to-speak. "loose lips sink ships". tsk tsk.

*edit* andy didn't play at "W"

DITTO !!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

billy

TRIBE Member
dany v runs W. PM for it's and his home address as well as other personal information. order now and get 3 free embarassing photos of him (must be over 18). :p

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
billy said:
dany v runs W. PM for it's and his home address as well as other personal information. order now and get 3 free embarassing photos of him (must be over 18). :p
bastard! lol

d

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Well technically the only person who posted teh address is our ever talented ben boles..

On an aside, I was there from 2am until the very end... awesome house music all night long. That rooftop patio is TO DIE FOR... cant wait for it to be a little warmer and I could be jamming out there all night.

I didnt think there would have been any tribers who went, but I guess tehre was quite a few representing. Only just getting back in touch with reality today.. ugh.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
P.S. VinylRach, I finally figured out who you are. You asked me to make out with you at the Beaconsfield, and then you asked me to sell you E at the afterhours. You should work on your people skills in the future.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

why not

TRIBE Member
Chubbs said:
Well technically the only person who posted teh address is our ever talented ben boles..
well, deleon white is hardly secret - black market plastered the city with posters for the darshan jesrani party.
this is such a trainwreck of an event review.
oh well.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Chubbs said:
P.S. VinylRach, I finally figured out who you are. You asked me to make out with you at the Beaconsfield, and then you asked me to sell you E at the afterhours. You should work on your people skills in the future.
hahahahaha!

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
It doesnt matter if its a well kept secret or not. Just because someone else advertises something, it really isnt a liscense for everyone else to go willy nilly, blabbling about details left right and center.

There was nothing on the blackmarket flyers that mentioned the possibility of it being a boozecan.. one would have to be in the know to realize it. They just marketed the party as 10pm till late. Thats not very obvious.

You know what, its not even anything you've said in this thread that bothered me, because you arnt talking details either, but I've always held a bit of a grudge because of your lack of common sense when it came to writing your articles for now. I can't remember how many times you blatantly said that sudbury was a boozecan last year, but it seemed like an almost weekly occurance.

Please, do us all a favor, and keep the late night venues on the downlow.

No hard feelings.

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
Chubbs said:
It doesnt matter if its a well kept secret or not. Just because someone else advertises something, it really isnt a liscense for everyone else to go willy nilly, blabbling about details left right and center.

There was nothing on the blackmarket flyers that mentioned the possibility of it being a boozecan.. one would have to be in the know to realize it. They just marketed the party as 10pm till late. Thats not very obvious.

You know what, its not even anything you've said in this thread that bothered me, because you arnt talking details either, but I've always held a bit of a grudge because of your lack of common sense when it came to writing your articles for now. I can't remember how many times you blatantly said that sudbury was a boozecan last year, but it seemed like an almost weekly occurance.

No hard feelings.
yeah, i'm sure the police run out every thursday morning to pick up the latest issue of Now to scope out bens column so they can strategically plan which boozecans they're gonna bust that weekend! how else could they possibly ever know where all these "underground illegal afterhours" take place???

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
Chubbs said:

actually, i think that would be an advertisers dream.

you're a funny person!!!

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
Chubbs said:

No hard feelings.
Sudbury is a boozecan???

still won't go, but interesting.
thanks.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
Chubbs said:
whats beaconsfield? i want to make out with people at beaconsfield.

octo

TRIBE Member
i think it's best to keep certain venues on the downlow too. i was also slightly worried when i saw sudbury being mentioned in Eye and Now the last year or two, but hating on ben now makes makes no sense since a) he wasn't the only one doing and b) as far as i know the place has never been raided.

anyway...props to ben for the track coming out on iwanai