• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
Darrison is bad ... very bad
He was in town with Bad Co. once ... and he ruined the set
He's on the Bad Co. Live Turbo Mix tape

U-M

AVE

TRIBE Member
bah, he's not THAT bad........i could name off 20 MC's worse than him. He's pretty fun live.

MC's ruin almost every set, but live you don't notice as much

but Bryan Gee.....sounds good!:)

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
i'd rather be in New York!

you could check boo7 (dieselboy, ed rush & optical, j majik, matrix, db)

staka, bailey, total science, storm, patife, and tech itch are all in NY in oct too.

new york is simply WAY more fun to party in than toronto.
that aside, it's fucking great to see big 19+ jungle jams starting to occur here on a regular basis.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

nleye10d1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by feisty boy
i'd rather be in New York!

you could check boo7 (dieselboy, ed rush & optical, j majik, matrix, db)

staka, bailey, total science, storm, patife, and tech itch are all in NY in oct too.

new york is simply WAY more fun to party in than toronto.
that aside, it's fucking great to see big 19+ jungle jams starting to occur here on a regular basis.

I'm not paying $45 USD for that Boo party.

October is good for Toronto, C4C, the May Day jam, Teebee, Patife & Stamina....

New York may seem more fun because they get more talent, but it's because they have a population the size of Canada, hence more sources of income.

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
yeah, the exchange is a bitch.

but if the opportunity was there for a business trip to NY, and a bunch of sick talent to catch at night, i'd be all over it.

it's not just talent though - new york clubs have way more energy, and zero attitude (with some exceptions i'm sure)
although toronto jungle crowds are more knowledgeable and energetic - better tune recognition and reaction.

i had a blast at boo6 - way less thugs and ginos than any toronto party in the past couple of years.

and missing a couple toronto parties vs. a month in new york would be no contest, imo.

but it's true - toronto is getting spoiled in october - there's headliner parties 2 or 3 nights a week, in every genre.

nleye10d1

TRIBE Member
Trust me, I too would rather party it up in NYC, I love that city, but if I'm going to NYC, I'm going for the Hip Hop and for the Jazz. I seriously am not going to go out of my way to hear jungle talent that I can hear here.

tella

TRIBE Member
eeeeesh...if i were in new york city, i wouldn't be complaining. but i'd be a little over an hour away..in a town called poughkeepsie (or something like that) and i'd be working like a mofo. new york labour laws are very different from our laws here. overtime is mandatory so i could be working as much as 12 hours a day, seven days a week....on the midnight shift. for anyone who knows what i do, they know that my work is physically exerting..so yeah...i'm definitely hoping that it's cancelled.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vise
Here's to Frost getting drunk/coked up again and MCing for himself.
Live @ Industry: "The Jumping Jack Frost Comedy Hour"!!!

I will pay top dollar for a tape of that night... someone had to have recorded it... Hilarious!!!

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Mc Darrison is horrible horrible horrible used to go by the name of Ragga D if that helps anyone remember. I'd almost rather hear mc p then darrison *shudders* well maybe I wouldnt go that far:D

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
wow actually re-looked at this flyer and holy shit what a terrible line-up I'd go see Jack frost but Bryan gee fuck that. Bryan Gee is a seconmd rate dj.
What the fuck passes for a headliner these days

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
yep many times at least frost can double frost brings nuff tunes and dub plates always plays a fun set when I see him

AVE

TRIBE Member
Frost's doubling trick is horrible.......always sounds like shit

the man trainwrecks more than almost any 'top'(ya right) DJ

But whatever, to each their own:cool:

nleye10d1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by unique2100
yep many times at least frost can double frost brings nuff tunes and dub plates always plays a fun set when I see him
Frost always brings horrible mixes. The last 3 times he's been down he's played crap, boring sets.

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
didnt find any problems with his mixing at freakin with dynamite except for jumpy decks. I like the tunes he plays , when I go out to a party I like to here new tunes and big tunes. I like to hear all the good u.k. shit from the big u.k. d.j.'s thats why there headliners thats why they come hear to play that sound. now you got all these lesser dj's playing absoloute bunk tunes calling them innovative. I know what I like and I know what I dont like and I dont need to be told which is which. I listen to all different styles of jungle I dont care who produced a tune or who's playing them if its got a nice sound thats all that matters. It's too small of a scene to say oh top 40 this innovative that. It's all good theres a million tunes that are worth playing out there because there produced well and have a good sound, so why beg for something thats innovative but sounds like shit? Listen to what you like but dpnt get caught up by labels or who produced what. This aint hip-hop this is jungle. People are quick to forget why they first fell in love. I like the mystery of it all just feeling a tune not know or caring who its by. Then figuring that out later. I think people should feel the vibe more because the scene is turning too shit with all the in fighting, it almost dropped off because of that, now that were building whats the purpose of arguing on sounds?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders