• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

vveerrgg and dez @ jax

I<3Robots

TRIBE Member
i heard this night rocked but i couldn't make it out. i can't believe it's 8am and there are no reviews??!

how was it?

Arthur Oskan

TRIBE Member
wicked fun.

space: kinda like a wedding hall with full on tables and small bar; wooden dancefloor. not what you expect.

sound: looked like shakedown; sounded like the next best thing. this was in Whitby folks; impressive!

pa: simply put, fantasic job. Interesting sounds, raw 909 solo's at times; vocoders. really enjoyed it. hope it was recorded.

dj: Tribe's own SD threw down one of the best sets I've heard. Did not pumble, instead set the tone for mr evans. dez? nothing much to say here. formidablé. pleases his inner drum, and gets everyone to follow. i hear it in every record (or cd..:) )

at any rate...great night!

Arthur

miller

TRIBE Member
^^^ great review! wish i could have made it out there somehow. i definately wasn't on the ball either - thought it was next weekend!

t_smack

TRIBE Member
what it was lacking in people it made up for in personality... Great people out for a great night of music.. Stewart Douglas took it all over the board for a great techno experience.. All i gotta say about Vergel's PA is 909 WHAT!?! and Derrick Ramirez definitely brang the funk, awesome set.. Had a great time and met some great peeps...

casual

TRIBE Promoter
Had a wedding to go to. Got there around 1:30 Dez was tearing it. Great sounds from a great dj. Too bad I missed Verg's PA. Good night and keep pushing this music, even if it is in Whitby!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
t_smack said:
what it was lacking in people it made up for in personality... Great people out for a great night of music.. Stewart Douglas took it all over the board for a great techno experience..
playing a two hour set, it was fun... thank you for the kind words and happy to hear you enjoyed the tunes!

313 313 313!!!

i gotta give mad props to doowayne, and terry the newkid coffin!
lots of oldschool massive(arthur,freddy,derrick,torrence) my mini disc crapped out somehow.... i got a little live handycam stuff...

As for music, top notch.... Verg you worked the 909 like mills boey!
excellent job, and DEZ was simply sick!!!! Playing records like i do, shamus and freddy/greg -learned from the best!!! Me and the fiance enjoyed ourselves, Arthur you are teh man!

great night out, i was happy to fill in for my boi, L Train, big shoes to fill... bro i hope i presented you good - :)

stewart douglas