• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Vitalic @ mod club?

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
For the love of Christ!

I have been so busy lately I did not even realize this event was last night, I also want a comprehensive reivew please.

ALSO.........A.D.D I have a very special request for you......please book JUSTICE sometime soon, I want to see it and you guys seem like the only ones who would book it.

loumar

TRIBE Member
"my friend dario..." fuck i love that track
it was my first time going to a Return to New York party...lets just say i will be checking out the next one...vitalic rocked the place. i danced like a maniac and i even caught my girl friend bobbing her head. all in all it was a great night of music.

lucas

Matt Carl

TRIBE Member
this was the first time i have been to a techno event, or electro or whatever so i wasn't entirely sure as to what to expect, but it was great! i think the guys in the crowd spend too much time on their hair though :D

anways...

well, absolutely smashing set from vitalic...but only for an hour?!?!

i thought that was kinda balls-ish but whatevs...

kenny glasgow was throwing down very nicely when i came in, def. enjoyed the last bit of his set

vitalic remixing on the spot was fucking AWESOME!! he did a pseudo-mash up with fanfares and that royskopp tune he remixed, 'what else is there' and i fucking LOVED that!! that was rather exciting..

i will def. be checking out another one of these parties

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

urbanriot

TRIBE Member
It sucked to arrive with a ticket shortly before 11 and have to wait outside in the cold, in a line up filled with St. Patrick's drunkards (thankfully most of whom decided to go to another club after a while).

Upon first walking in, I wasnt too keen on the style of music being played but I was still grappling with the shrooms so maybe it was just me. The guy spinning just before Vitalic played some interesting glitchy stuff that sounded fun.

As for Vitalic himself... it was a short set but it was great and, as the guy above said, a fun mash-up of all his tunes and samples. If you've ever downloaded a Vitalic set, it was pretty much the same idea. The sound system was clear and thumping, as per usual Mod club quality.

Dialog

TRIBE Member
Was Kenny the only opener? At one point, the pre-Vitalic DJ (who we identified as Kenny) was rocking the place, getting us all into it, but who/whatever was spinning for about the first 1/2-3/4 hour was horrible... DJs Crossfade and Shuffle, we were expecting to find

Forgot my earplugs so I found it a little loud, but a great crowd of friends out made it fun. Good times. Could have gone about 1/2hr later, tho.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
ev said:
at least I get to check vitalic in Miami next week ;)
take me with you!

really really wanted to go to this but i was sick, sounds like a pretty decent party. definetly going to make more of an effort to check out the next return to new york event.

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
Got there at 1:30 ish and saw 1.5 songs. What i saw was good and the place was busy. Didn't think he'd go on so early and play such a short set. And the floor was sticky as glue. lot s of drunk peeps. After when kenny was spinning the sound seemed quite SHITE

davehill79

TRIBE Promoter
I have boycotted the MOD club after 1. Going t see felix da housecat and get him playin fucking madonna and blur song 2.... Abosoulte shite... Then the next time get turned away for wearing trainers!!!! Fuck i hate that place the sound system sounds like crap as well, considering how much the supposidly paid for it... it may be a good band venue but as a house / techno night .. .. .mmmh debateable... Sorry for the rant... ;)

ian

TRIBE Member
Dialog said:
Was Kenny the only opener? At one point, the pre-Vitalic DJ (who we identified as Kenny) was rocking the place, getting us all into it, but who/whatever was spinning for about the first 1/2-3/4 hour was horrible... DJs Crossfade and Shuffle, we were expecting to find

Forgot my earplugs so I found it a little loud, but a great crowd of friends out made it fun. Good times. Could have gone about 1/2hr later, tho.
There were two openers before Kenny. The first folks were only on for less then an hour and they went off early due to major technical difficulties (likely who your are refering to). I played for just under an hour before Kenny. . . mixing was difficult as the side booth was in a shambles and there was no monitor or proper mixer. However, I had a riot and pulled it off I think (the floor filled up anyway). Once alerted to the side booth situation (Vitalic needed most of the stage) the Mod Club folks pulled it together and got a monitor working for Kenny and the booth in order. It was a fun night and was rammed to the rafters! Good work A.D/D!