• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Visitors from Windsor/Detroit need advice.

beta tester

TRIBE Member
Slap me if this is the wrong room, but I think you guys are the best ones to ask...

My significant other and I will be in Toronto February 13-15. We need "nightlife" suggestions.

We're most likely going to the Monolake show on the 13th, even though he's playing here in Detroit on the 7th (although Monolake twice in one week isn't a bad thing).

Any suggestions for Saturday night? We both eat/breathe/hump minimal. Our crates are filled with labels like Perlon, Ghostly, Kompakt, Force Inc, Playhouse, etc., if that helps.

We'll also take some deep house as well, as I have a feeling Toronto isn't as minimal techno-whipped as Detroit is right now.

Just please don't suggest Guvernment...

JGirlP

TRIBE Member
Hey Windsor peeps...that's where I grew up......

So far the monolake show is all that's going on... I'm sure someone else will post something in here for Saturday night....

Cheers

J

ian

TRIBE Member
Hey Visitors, check back in closer to the date, I'm sure there will be something.

Old standbyes failing everything anything minimal:

Element Bar on Queen West, (quality house music, excellent bar/club).

System Soundbar at Peter & Richmond (more stomping, but a nice crowd). Green Velvet is playing that Saturday night.

-ian g.

jus me

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beta tester

We're most likely going to the Monolake show on the 13th, even though he's playing here in Detroit on the 7th (although Monolake twice in one week isn't a bad thing).

Hey are you going to the U of M gig on the 6th?
I'll prolly be hittin that one up.

< in windsor for school

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

beta tester

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Visitors from Windsor/Detroit need advice.

Originally posted by jus me
Hey are you going to the U of M gig on the 6th?
I'll prolly be hittin that one up.

< in windsor for school

I don't think so. Since he's playing again the next night with Akufen and Deadbeat, plus Jake Fairley and Pantone at the Shelter the same night, we'll be doing enough running around that weekend. I think we'll be using Friday night to rest up. ;)

musork

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
drool

akufen :(

wish he'd make a real toronto stop already, like on a weekend

um he did when clonk hosted monolake and kit clayton at art system in collaberation with technomeet
how ever no one cared about akufen back then... to bad really
his dj set was off the hook....

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
drool

akufen :(

wish he'd make a real toronto stop already, like on a weekend

Akufen played for us at a Micro Mutek here in Toronto on a Saturday night about two years ago.

-ian g.

beta tester

TRIBE Member
Akufen has played here in Detroit about three times in the past couple of years. His last set here was at Movement (the festival formerly known as DEMF) - easily one of the best sets of the festival. And it wasn't a rehash of his radio-edit material either.

I love Monolake but I'm honestly going to his Detroit show more to see Akufen.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jus me

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Visitors from Windsor/Detroit need advice.

Originally posted by beta tester
I don't think so. Since he's playing again the next night with Akufen and Deadbeat, plus Jake Fairley and Pantone at the Shelter the same night, we'll be doing enough running around that weekend. I think we'll be using Friday night to rest up. ;)

I think I'm gonna hit up both appearances! I'm still young....I think. :p