• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

visit to dentist: said ahh and it cost me $60

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
What a guy! He had a quick look, said everything was cool, and charged me $60!
I guess he has to pay for that smoking chekoslovakian dential assistant somehow.

wtf

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Thank god for benefits.

I go to the dentist every six months, and the main reason other than my dental health, is that it's free.

Many of my friends who dont have the benefits, dont go, and only visit the dentist in cases of pain... which usually cost alot of money to fix.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
I guess he has to pay for that smoking chekoslovakian dential assistant somehow.

I picked my dentist based on the hot dental assistant. I mean fuck if its going to cost me a small fortune and I'm going to be put in pain I want to at least be happy about it.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I have an oral surgery in two days (re-treatment of tooth and gum, crown-replacement), plus all the assessment visits... about $1700.
For one fucking TOOTH!

At least I get 80% back.
BUT WOW.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I had the same thing and got charged $120 and my benefits company said "we don't cover these types of scans."

And I'm like "what scan? He poked my gum and said 'you have a choice to do the surgery or not."
WELL, THANKS FOR YOUR SECOND OPINION, DOC.
So consider yourself lucky, pal.

acheron

TRIBE Member
the reason we go to the dentist and pay him willingly:

Kidding. I'm convinced the dental business is a scam. I mean why the fuck don't they offer warranties on dental work?

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Dentists are the people who never got invitations to parties as kids. I think there is a direct proportional relation between number of times you were bullied as a kid and chances of becoming a dentist. If you grew up and didn't have any friends and your parents had to tie raw meat to you so that the dog would play with you chances are your going to become a dentist.

acheron

TRIBE Member
makes sense that they would spend their lives fucking up people's smiles and causing pain generally, then.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
I'm convinced the dental business is a scam. I mean why the fuck don't they offer warranties on dental work?
I agree. I don't think the average person who's taking good care of their teeth needs to go for a regular checkup anywhere near the frequency dentists would have us believe.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Well his education did cost him a cool $80,000 for his 4 year undergrad and a slick $120,000 for his 3 years of dental school.

Not to mention the $300,000-$500,000 he owes for a single chair set up... plus rent... or mortgage on the building.

Plus his assistant, and front desk help.

I'm not saying he's not making money. But dentistry is a tight market these days.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
What a guy! He had a quick look, said everything was cool, and charged me $60!

wtf
would have been cheaper to pay a chekoslovakian "massage therapist"
to say ahhhhh.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
Apparently being a dentist is the most depressive job and it causes the highest rate of suicide.
it's like being a Doctor, except with none of the prestige, no respect, and having to deal with people's bad breath 24/7.

I'd probably kill myself too if I spent that many years in school only to spend most of my time brushing people's teeth all day. I would also get giddy when someone needs a root canal or tooth extraction.

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Dentists are the people who never got invitations to parties as kids. I think there is a direct proportional relation between number of times you were bullied as a kid and chances of becoming a dentist. If you grew up and didn't have any friends and your parents had to tie raw meat to you so that the dog would play with you chances are your going to become a dentist.

Next thing you'll say is that they should have their own schools

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
Apparently being a dentist is the most depressive job and it causes the highest rate of suicide.

Yeah I heard this too. So every time I talk to my dentist I make sure he is 'ok' I ask him how he feels and how he has been copping with the pressures of life. I offer him happy thoughts like 'you know she probably isn't sleeping with the pool guy' and 'the Porsche dealer isn't screwing you an oil change really should cost $300'. When he really looks sad I remind him that the garage method is the easiest painless method but if he really wants to go the auto erotic asphyxiation route is probably best for him. I mean seriously what says I love you like coming home to your naked dead body laying there with a strange smile on your face and splooge all over the carpet.

he then proceeds to miss the injection four or five times while asking 'does this hurt?"

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
JEMZ said:
Next thing you'll say is that they should have their own schools

Nah but an annual celebration where all dentists line up and we get to come along and kick them in the ass would make me happy. And personally I think it would draw tourists from all around the world.

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
man dentists here in Asia are inexpensive. I have national health insurance in Taiwan and end up paying like 4 dollars canadian for a cleaning. Having a cavity drilled and filled with the white resin is around 6 dollars canadian.