• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Virus Software?

sohaness

TRIBE Member
i've been a mac user for the last 1-2 years. im setting up a windows box for my mom and dad to use for email and banking and whatnot. my mom insists on having virus scanning software installed...but i have no idea what software is good these days.

any suggestions? please and thank you :)

steve.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
i use avg because it's free and resourcely light

i'm sure nod32 is the batman of anti virus software, but avg seems to 'work' too ..

as well, i thought this thread was about actually finding / creating viruses

in highschool i used to collect 'live' viruses on floppies, and the asm source to as many as i could find scouring the net ..

that's my story !

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo

i'm sure nod32 is the batman of anti virus software, but avg seems to 'work' too ..

in highschool i used to collect 'live' viruses on floppies, and the asm source to as many as i could find scouring the net ..

that's my story !
Chiba City

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo

that's my story !
the net? was BBS's in my day :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xtcfreak
the net? was BBS's in my day :)
me too, i just never found actual source for viruses on bbs's

from bbs's i was highly successful in downloading many boot sector nasties (hiding .exes) hidden in games though :/

duke nukem 3d was responsible for bringing Monkey_B to me and all my friends, and really half of brampton

i even took it to school unknowingly ..

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo

that's my story !

I use both. It's like double-mint gum.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr. Grinch
Bzzztttt...

It was the password on the archive file for Virus Creation Labs. ;)
it was also the name of countless bbs's (there was no local chiba city though), and the name of a city in william gibson's neuromancer

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

zoo

TRIBE Member
there's also a very popular song "Chiba City Lights" created by Basehead, and a less popular but much better remix by chuckbiscuits from 96

<--------------- information overload