• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Virginia journalists murdered on air

praktik

TRIBE Member
Australia has some empirical evidence behind enacting stricter gun control and a consequent reduction of mass killings. Its been making the rounds surprised no one has linked yet - i guess our hands are full juggling latte's can't copy and paste...

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Listen, shooting giant automatic weapons was some of the most fun I've ever had! But that doesn't change my opinions on gun control.

You've had the taste toots, soon you will get the fever. I can't have guns in my house, the wife and/or dog will shoot me.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
FWIW I don't think everyone should have a gun and you can get them from a pop machine. Canada is a reasonable compromise.

Gun control is an element for sure, but is the fact that Canada has less killings per capita because of that or other factors?

I'm willing to bet that were the guy from this shooting, a news reporter with austensibly a clean criminal record to try and get a gun license in canada he'd likely get approved. Now whether he'd cool off by the time he got the paperwork sorted out is another story.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Constitution allows for the right to bear arms. Eventually someone will have to amend it.

I say Get Warren G in there

[YOUTUBE]1plPyJdXKIY[/YOUTUBE]
when ppl say you cant take their guns away because or the 2nd amendment they should look up the word amendment and and what it means....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Anti-gun folks, go shooting at Target Sports Canada. Try the police shotgun, bust some caps off the .357. You will be ashamed about how much fun you'll have.

Awesome.

So why would anyone need to keep one at home? Fun?

I've fired firearms both here and in the U.S. - great fun - but doesn't mean that it's something that belongs at home.

Blaming guns is a pretty easy stance to take. Otherwise we'd have to look down from our positions of privilege and actually do something to address the root cause of the issue. So much easier to ban guns and get back to your latte.

Who said ban?

I do think that a lot of weapons should be restricted - there's not really much reason for anyone to own an assault weapon, fully automatic weapons or large capacity magazines.

Unless of course, you're a hunter - then they're a must have to mow down a herd of deer.

Australia has some empirical evidence behind enacting stricter gun control and a consequent reduction of mass killings. Its been making the rounds surprised no one has linked yet - i guess our hands are full juggling latte's can't copy and paste...

Ah, but the counter argument is REDUCED not eliminated. It's a black and white thing for many - unless there are no deaths; it's " from my cold dead hand", cause it's not a 100% solution.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I read it in the NY times

■ More Americans die in gun homicides and suicides every six months than have died in the last 25 years in every terrorist attack and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.

■ More Americans have died from guns in the United States since 1968 than on battlefields of all the wars in American history