• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Virginia journalists murdered on air

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Stats can be used to justify anything. You give me stats on how guns are poor for self defence, I'll give first hand stories on how a 110 lb woman defended herself against a 220 lb man. We can go all day.

In reality though, if you're going to use a gun for "self defense" it would have to be ready to go at any given time, which contravenes safe ownership practices. Lets say someone broke into my house in the middle of the night- I'm going to get up, find the keys to the gun locker, get the gun, find some ammunition (do I load it? I don't want to kill someone) and then face the threat. Not likely.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
In reality though, if you're going to use a gun for "self defense" it would have to be ready to go at any given time, which contravenes safe ownership practices. Lets say someone broke into my house in the middle of the night- I'm going to get up, find the keys to the gun locker, get the gun, find some ammunition (do I load it? I don't want to kill someone) and then face the threat. Not likely.

I agree.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Of course there are fingerprint activated handgun safes that you could leave right next to your bed if you were into that sort of thing... At that point though, you might consider a new neighbourhood.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
I am totally depressed after Sandy Hook - i also thought would be "the moment", I don't think anything will be "the moment" now.... if THAT wasn't!

I feel the same. A classroom full of dead 6 year olds doesn't change hearts and minds, then nothing will.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Blaming guns is a pretty easy stance to take. Otherwise we'd have to look down from our positions of privilege and actually do something to address the root cause of the issue. So much easier to ban guns and get back to your latte.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I know, its like everyone who agrees with me does so based on a careful review of the evidence, and everyone who disagrees with me must do so because they are unserious and emotional and caught up with how they LOOK and stuff...

lobo

TRIBE Member
Well, you have to admit that if you plan on killing two or more people fairly quickly, the best way to do it is if you have access to a gun.

Lobo

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
A gun is one way for sure. I'm sure if you're creative you can come up with plenty of other ways. Bombs are great for that sort of thing. Poison if you want to do it old school, or you could even drive your car into them in a pinch!

Taking the gun away doesn't address the motive, only the means. And that would be assuming you could even take the gun away, because you couldn't, you could just make it illegal but hey if you're up for a murder you're probably not too concerned about that.

diablo

TRIBE Member
A gun is one way for sure. I'm sure if you're creative you can come up with plenty of other ways. Bombs are great for that sort of thing. Poison if you want to do it old school, or you could even drive your car into them in a pinch!

Taking the gun away doesn't address the motive, only the means. And that would be assuming you could even take the gun away, because you couldn't, you could just make it illegal but hey if you're up for a murder you're probably not too concerned about that.

Yeah, it seems like you can't go a week without hearing about a mass poisoning or vehicular murder spree in countries with gun control.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Anti-gun folks, go shooting at Target Sports Canada. Try the police shotgun, bust some caps off the .357. You will be ashamed about how much fun you'll have.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Listen, shooting giant automatic weapons was some of the most fun I've ever had! But that doesn't change my opinions on gun control.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Delicious delicious freedom

freedom-means-cooking-bacon-on-a-gun-personal-liberty.jpg