• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Virginia journalists murdered on air

Stop Bill C-10
What's really fucking sick and makes me angry was how that shitbag had posted some video of him committing the act (like from a GoPro camera or something). Thankfully, Facebook and Twitter took it down quickly.

Edit: not fast enough, stay classy Toronto Star.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lobo

TRIBE Member
Sick. And yet another mass shooting that will not push the States to enforce tougher/stricter laws about gun ownership or maybe just outright ban some of them. The news said that he got the inspiration after the theatre shooting (Batman movie) a couple of years back. So we went to whatever store to legally purchase a handgun with full intent on using it to kill people.

Lobo

He cited a few other shootings as inspiration as well - Virginia Tech , Columbine and a few other high profile shootings.

Guy had a reputation of being very difficult to work with, which resulted in his being let go. He did claim that the girl that he shot had said some racial slurs against him, but no-one remembers something like that happening.

Virginia is a pretty easy place to buy a gun - it's the home of a lot of gun manufacturers and a stronghold for the NRA.

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Just a horrific act - another mentally-I'll, disgruntled former employee with a score to settle and a gun.

Wonder if he watched Nightcrawler.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
CNV3MAfWwAATMBG.png:large

There have been 850 mass shootings in the US since Sandy Hook (2012)

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Constitution allows for the right to bear arms. Eventually someone will have to amend it.

I say Get Warren G in there

[YOUTUBE]1plPyJdXKIY[/YOUTUBE]

Constitution allows for the right to bear arms. Eventually someone will have to amend it.

The question I've always asked myself is what would be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

I was pretty convinced that when Sandy Hook happened, that it could be the turning point. Sort of like what happened with the AK-47 (temporary) ban that George Bush Sr signed in the last 80's after the shooting in Los Angeles that killed a whole bunch of school children.

Instead, we get some incredibly horrid behavior that rivals Holocaust deniers with the "False Flags" horseshit that gets peddled around - people suggesting that the kids never existed and garbage like that. The NRA has really upped their game in being some of the most reprehensible people on the planet with how they spun this, all in the name of protecting profit margins for gun companies.

This won't change anything IMO - the hostility towards the media, especially from the right side of the political spectrum, will come up with some bizarre/half assed suggestion that if they were all armed, they could have taken the guy down like something out of an action film. That's of course if they're not being deemed as "getting what they deserved" in the eyes of Alex Jones and his followers.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Sick. And yet another mass shooting that will not push the States to enforce tougher/stricter laws about gun ownership or maybe just outright ban some of them. The news said that he got the inspiration after the theatre shooting (Batman movie) a couple of years back. So we went to whatever store to legally purchase a handgun with full intent on using it to kill people.

Lobo

I would think addressing the social issues around such events would be more beneficial than using guns as a scapegoat. People that are content with their position in society don't tend to kill others whether they have access to guns or not.

praktik

TRIBE Member
The question I've always asked myself is what would be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

I was pretty convinced that when Sandy Hook happened, that it could be the turning point. Sort of like what happened with the AK-47 (temporary) ban that George Bush Sr signed in the last 80's after the shooting in Los Angeles that killed a whole bunch of school children.

Instead, we get some incredibly horrid behavior that rivals Holocaust deniers with the "False Flags" horseshit that gets peddled around - people suggesting that the kids never existed and garbage like that. The NRA has really upped their game in being some of the most reprehensible people on the planet with how they spun this, all in the name of protecting profit margins for gun companies.

This won't change anything IMO - the hostility towards the media, especially from the right side of the political spectrum, will come up with some bizarre/half assed suggestion that if they were all armed, they could have taken the guy down like something out of an action film. That's of course if they're not being deemed as "getting what they deserved" in the eyes of Alex Jones and his followers.

I am totally depressed after Sandy Hook - i also thought would be "the moment", I don't think anything will be "the moment" now.... if THAT wasn't!

And the ideas about crisis actors and Sandy Hook being a hoax are super widespread, even pulling in a few tribers and otherwise normal non-gunloving Canadians. Very attractive viewpoint there to a certain set of contrarian conspiracy theorists - the gun nuts got there one way, but other nuts got to the same place from other vectors!!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Shooting guns is a lot of fun and handguns are great for self defense. Too bad crazy people get them.

are they great for self defense? or the "feeling" of self defense?

I thought stats showed a lot of the time, when crisis points actually hit, the possession of a gun actually increases chances of your OWN death - since most people dont always behave that well in a real crisis, and a hardened criminal will often beat you to the punch, disarming you or hurting you first before you could do anything (maybe even with your own gun)

Then in "non crisis" times we have to deal with the increased statistical chance of accidents like kids getting at it and doing something horrible by mistake, or you shooting a shadow you thought was a robber but was really your wife...

Wouldn't mace be better for self defense than a gun?

praktik

TRIBE Member
As long as you're 8' away and upwind

Maybe from projecting force there is limitation there as you need to be close - but at least if the criminal wrests that weapon away from me and uses it on me, i'll be uncomfortable for a while and not dead

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Stats can be used to justify anything. You give me stats on how guns are poor for self defence, I'll give first hand stories on how a 110 lb woman defended herself against a 220 lb man. We can go all day.

Maybe from projecting force there is limitation there as you need to be close - but at least if the criminal wrests that weapon away from me and uses it on me, i'll be uncomfortable for a while and not dead

This is not how real life violence works. If the bad guy uses it on you, you'll be uncomfortable for a while? What if he stomps you out, a friend joins in and you're fucked.