• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Video Editing Software

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
I'm looking for some video editing software where I can convert AVIs to mpegs, etc.. and do things like add titles, captions, logos/watermarks, etc...

I have tried a bunch of them from cnet, but nothing has been satisfactory as of yet. I tried using Video Edit Magic, but after I attempted to export the AVI into mpeg, I loose a lot of the resolution, the video gets a lttle choppy and the program limits you to the dimentions that you can export. I think the max dimentions are 720X526.

Anmyway, I need something with more options, something that is probably more sophisticated.

Thanks

Doran

TRIBE Member
I've found Sony's Vegas 6 to be a pretty easy & straight forward editting program. It's not nearly as complex as After Effects - but still has a pretty wide array of options, and things to make easy editting possible.

I don't know if you'll be able to export much more than 720x540 or 720x480 as they are the standard resolutions.

For simple conversions, I've been using a freeware program called MediaCoder as of late. It does an awesome job converting just about anything to anything. http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/MediaCoder/1140801347/1