• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Vice

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Remember a little bit back when Vice was ripping on Queen West, mocking their "coolness", then moving further away from relevance? What happened with that, did there shit store stay in business? I spent much of last night reading Vice articles because I was bored. They always seem to strike me in the same ways. 1. I think they're fake 2. The all sound like they were written by the same person. 3. They always have this quality like they've missed the point just enough to make you know they're Narc rather then authentic. Kind of like when you see a news story on "raves", and the reporter talks about how you can score a pill for $20. Then you wonder man if they got such a simple common known fact wrong about the stuff I know about, how off base is all their other crap? Food for thought. Yes food for thought.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I remember when vice was a BW rag from montreal that actually featured things that people were interested in, rather than taking the stance that everything is bullshit and the voice of the whole thing was going to be this canned teen angst.

they've had some amazing articles in the past though, but generally there is only so much this is fucked for the sake of being fucked shit you can swallow as lubricant for skateboard clothing ads.

there were times when they were spot on, but so many more where they were just trying too hard to be edgy when it would have served them better to showcase something of value and interest.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
if i remember correctly, it was Vice, through Tribe, that taught me to improve my blow jobage in the late '90s.

also, i really liked the Vice Guide to Travel DVD.

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
mariazmess said:
if i remember correctly, it was Vice, through Tribe, that taught me to improve my blow jobage in the late '90s.

also, i really liked the Vice Guide to Travel DVD.

yeah but that DVD reeked a lot of what the first poster of this thread was talking about, if you've actually been to any of those places you realize vice is full of shit, i've only been to one, the gun market in NWFP, and its easy to go there, anyone can get a guide from peshawar to take you for 40 bucks US

diablo

TRIBE Member
In order to get a paper copy of Vice these days, you need to be there within like, 60 seconds of them being dropped off at a store.