• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Venue Suggestion

bootyhunta

TRIBE Promoter
I was planning on throwing a party for a friend's birthday and I had booked the Apothecary on Adelaide & Peter. Or I thought I did at least, the guy that does the bookings there called me yesterday and said he double booked the night I wanted and I was the second booking and therefore I was screwed.

Now I am sort of scrambling to find another place to host this fiesta at and thought I should consult the tribe massive for suggestions. A thousand heads are better than one, right?

I need something for April 28th or 29th, for at the very minimum 50 people (max. 100). It doesn't have to be a private party, but I do want to bring in my own DJ's. It's okay if I have to bring in turntables/mixer, but I would prefer to not have to bring in a whole soundsystem.

If anyone knows of a place that would be able to accomodate this, please post it in here or PM me.

Thanks!!!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
friday and saturday nights are tough because many clubs in the district already have club nights going on. you may want to try 'iv lounge' as their weekend nights can be flexible but it is short notice. also try the 'hooch' above gypsy co-op. other than that, you may have to do some walking around and find a club or lounge that isn't doing so well on weekends, or look at renting a party room. good luck.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ian

TRIBE Member
I've actually heard that exact same story from folks a few times about the Apothecary. Sounds like a place to stay away until/if they get it together from if you are putting together a small bash and need a relaible venue.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
big poppa's bordello on queen west @ denison.
Seconded.

It's not clubby but you can bring your own DJs unless Simple Plan ain't playing an intimate show there.

bootyhunta

TRIBE Promoter
Booty Bits said:
big poppa's bordello on queen west @ denison.

I was actually thinking about this place... my friend actually put together a fun little super bowl party there.

I wasn't sure if they had a soundsystem in place. I'll give them a buzz.

Thanks

Taro

TRIBE Member
ian said:
I've actually heard that exact same story from folks a few times about the Apothecary. Sounds like a place to stay away until/if they get it together from if you are putting together a small bash and need a relaible venue.

so have I...

lucky1

TRIBE Member
ian said:

yeah this is what they do... and the bookings guy is a coke head and an asshole

deep

TRIBE Member
bootyhunta said:
I was actually thinking about this place... my friend actually put together a fun little super bowl party there.

I wasn't sure if they had a soundsystem in place. I'll give them a buzz.

Thanks

They do have PA system. If you search past posts I think you'll find some more feedback on the place.