1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

VeeCeeDees and EssVeeCeeDees [7r4d1n8 633k5or5]

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by KiFe, Aug 24, 2003.

1. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

So how many of you out there have / collect / trade svcd's?

where are your favorite places to 'browse'?

What do you have? what do you want?

ect.

My 4disc LOTR:TT is noice quality... does well until the box set comes out (saves me having to buy the dvd now)

t3 and chicago are fun ones too.

w00t?

2. Dam That SnarkEE Kid

Dam That SnarkEE Kid TRIBE Member

3. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

*hugs his burner and $100 DVD player that supports all types*

4. D-Cypher

D-Cypher TRIBE Member

I just encoded my copy of Pulp Fiction SVCD personally...

...it's 4 CD's and encoded perfectly; no flaws, hi quality audio sample rate conversion, Auto-VBR, 16:9, 24 FPS

I'll trade for anything...we can link via my personal FTP... email deecypher@hotmail.com

5. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

sweet dude.. im having trouble using nero to burn working vcd's or svcd's

i wonder if im doing something wrong... the only thing i can make work are bin/cue

if i were to take an mpeg and burn it using vcd/svcd method on nero, it doesnt play in my player.

but that pulp fiction sounds sweet... check yo email.

6. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

I thought my Apex 600AD only did VCD until I dropped in The Animatrix one day and it popped up with SVCD. I was pissed cause I've had the thing for 3 years and I've always been downloading VCDs only.

I don't collect much, only things that interest me, not usually big hollywood shit. I've got Movern Collar sitting on my HDD waiting to be burned, as well as Better Luck Tomorrow, and Gay Niggers From Outerspace.

7. Kid Lax

Kid Lax TRIBE Promoter

it might be the types of cd-rs you're using

look up the reviews of your player on www.dvdrhelp.com and see what types of cds other people recommend

i know my player will usually only play cd-r's with blue bottoms

also it might be your player doesn't support svcd's
    try using the vcd header trick in tmpgenc
    works for my player :D

8. Kid Lax

Kid Lax TRIBE Promoter

ps- T3 is a waste of harddrive space

9. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

Do you actually feel it is worth seeing the movie in VCD quality? I think it ruins the movie personally. I would rather wait for the dvd to come out, copy it, then own it in perfect quality.(not that I ever watch them again)

About burning vcd's. I would use TMPGEnc to encode it. Then nero to burn it. Although, I have never had any problems burning vcd's with nero,EZ CD Creator, or anything else I have tried.

I would go to www.dvdrhelp.com and see if you are doing correctly by reading one of their guides and going step by step.

Shawn

p.s. DVD burners can be had for as little as $149 and good media only costs about $1/disc. Then you can download divx files and burn them almost perfect!

10. echo

echo TRIBE Member

Believe me swenard a DVD burner is next on our list of "things to buy"

Unfortunately, money is somewhat tight, and the first thing we needed was an actual DVD player! LOL

For the time being, until we can afford to buy a DVD burner, we are looking for VCDs/SVCD's to occupy our time :)

We also want to buy a dual format DVD burner...and we haven't found one of those (by a company that we trust) for any less than $250.00.

So until our next purchase (hopefully no less than a month from now) we will watch movies on VCD/SVCD.

I mean...honestly, like Kid Lax said, movies like T3 aren't even worth the hardrive space, let alone the price of DVD media :D So I don't mind losing some picture quality on the likes of them.

11. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

haha i thought it was a good time.

i had low expectations going into it.. and took it about as lightheartedly as i did with naked gun 2[size=small]1/2[/size] so it was a fun watch.

i think the first terminator machines (with the tanktreads and dual chainguns) looked retarded... altho enjoyed the explosions from arnie's hydrogen cores.

wheeee.. stupid fun.