• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Vbs

Panday

TRIBE Member
Vice Magazine fucking sucks. It used to be a super down-to-earth reflection of our generation, but it's turned into MTV in print.

VBS (www.vbs.tv) - Vice's new online TV channel - equally sucks. Most of the 'journalism' is ridiculously soft, and alot of the programming is pretentious and boring as fuck. Not that fucking is boring. But sometimes it is.

Of course, there are exceptions to the rule. Check the site out, and skip everything BUT the 'News' feed. I just watched 'Toxic Water in West-Virginia' for the millionth time, and, at the risk of sounding completely faggy (...can I even say that on Tribe? ha.), I still feel like crying for B.I. and his family by the end of it all.

And I didn't even cry when Bambi's mother died.

Check it out.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
from Vice magazine's guide to Toronto:

1.gif

note the spelling of Eglinton Ave.

Fools.

roc-c

TRIBE Member
i think they lost it when they sent out that apology e-mail blast a while ago saying something like they were sorry that they weren't paying attention to their readers cuz of the movie blah, blah, blah. i'd rather have them tell me to fvck off.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Karim

TRIBE Member
I don't know why some of you hate? VBS is great online-o-vision

The Guide to North Korea is all kinds of awesome

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
The print mag has been lacking major as of late.

Though I really enjoy Leslie Arfin and want to pick up her book.

Stan

TRIBE Member
Visual Basic sucks. I especially fucking hate the fact that MS changed around some functions from Access 97/2000 to Access 2007.

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
While I don't often get my hands on a print copy of vice I enjoy the online version and love VBS. Have you seen the vice travel segment about donkey fucking in Colombia? Not all that soft and boring.

Last edited:

Panday

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
The print mag has been lacking major as of late.

Though I really enjoy Leslie Arfin and want to pick up her book.

Yeh, the whole thing basically fell apart when Gavin McInnes -- a Vice co-founder, the guy behind "Do's and Don'ts" and basically everything good about the magazine -- took off. Rumour has it that he wasn't happy with the MTV association and the way that the magazine had become a mainstream staple.

He started a new project with Derrick Beckles that's based around "Street Boners", which is basically a rebranded "Do's and Don'ts" section (www.streetbonersandtvcarnage.com). Leslie Arfin jumped the Vice ship to go work with him, and writes a regular column for the project.

p.s., here's a hint: check out the older Street Boners photos, and you might just see a familiar face score a very, very high mark. Maybe I'm wrong and it's not actually her, but I'm pretty sure that I've seen her photo appear on this board a million times -- I'm a total lurker.

Last edited:

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I thought it was pretty over-wrought. Vice has been dipping into the black metal well for years now.