1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Vaski @ The Great Hall - July 31st 2010

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by glych t.anomaly, Aug 2, 2010.

1. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

so this was my second time @ the great hall, saw Heyoka there last time i believe, think it was the Cirqular Party.

to start off, Wholy fuck EIGHT BASS BINS MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

so rich, so full, the mids and highs complimented them very well, thanks to Justin for providing such ample Bass for the jam.

Killabits were good, played some solid tunes, and had the crowd dancing.

it wasnt jammed packed and couldnt move, but there was a decent amount of people out at the party, and so you had the crowd and the vibe and energy, but were able to enjoy yourself more.

Vaski, from the get go, you could tell he was in the mood to just hit you with BASS like it was a giant floppy trout coming at your face !
    His set was solid, the transition points roled nicely, and he just played a great set overall.

Spyne man, so glad that they kept the full rig and didnt chop your vol, till the place closed down, he was destroying it with his own special brand of Bass Heavy Dub, always bringing the new and old together to create a SICK amalgamation of sound, that literally no one else sounds like.

amazing to have the full crew out in full force representing the scene and the people, the artists and promoters.

thank you to all that came out, awesome party, and thanks again to the great hall and the people that made it possible.

[jai]

2. DJ_Psyence

DJ_Psyence TRIBE Member

I'm not sure if it was due to intoxication or the quality sound in place, but I came out of the night without my ears ringing - surprising because the bass was incredible.

The place picked up around 11:30 on, but shoutout to PHiLTH who opened up with some dopeyness, too.

older live set:
    [SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/philthdj/live-july-9th-nocturne[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Great venue, great sound.

I wonder if anyone did a drunk-tumble down those massive flight of stairs though. :D